none
70-583 - PRO: Designing and Developing Windows Azure Applications - relevant books? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm looking for learning material for the 70-583 exam. I already looked through all the resources/links provided by the community in order to prepare, so my question won't relate to them. My only question regards some available books/pdf's/learning material that can be bought and can be helpful in obtaining the certificate. I've found the following links (some of the books might be the same), but I can't judge their relevance, and I'm in a major doubt whether or not it is worth buying them.

http://www.pass-guaranteed.com/70-583.htm

http://www.pass4sures.me/70-583-testking.html

http://www.just4exams.com/70-583/

http://www.it-tests.com/70-583.html

Are these books relevant, containing valid, Microsoft certified information, or are these websites known as "fake" ones? I'm really new in the world of Microsoft certificates, so I would appreciate any help. I have serious doubts regarding the authenticity of these sources.

Please confirm if I should buy them (or one of them), or not, since I didn't manage to find any recommendations regarding them.

Thank you very much and eagerly anticipating any response,

Lehel.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Lehel,

If you are ever in doubt about the legitimacy of an IT certification website and wonder if it might be a "brain dump," then you might want to try the CertGuard.com website.

CertGuard is committed to protecting the integrity of IT certifications by exposing "brain dumps" and other fraudulent websites. They maintain a database of hundreds of websites. You simply enter the domain name of the suspected site into the search window and wait for the result.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by lehel.biro Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:42 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:03 AM
  • My recommendation would be to stay away from such sites as many of them sell "brain dumps".

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• My recommendation would be to stay away from such sites as many of them sell "brain dumps".

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Hi,

like Jeff said, you should stay away from "brain dumps". They are cheating and you could be banned from Microsoft exams. You should go through the skills measured mentioned on the official site. MSDN could be a big help.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:08 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Lehel,

If you are ever in doubt about the legitimacy of an IT certification website and wonder if it might be a "brain dump," then you might want to try the CertGuard.com website.

CertGuard is committed to protecting the integrity of IT certifications by exposing "brain dumps" and other fraudulent websites. They maintain a database of hundreds of websites. You simply enter the domain name of the suspected site into the search window and wait for the result.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. WhartyModerator Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by lehel.biro Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:42 AM
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Thank you guys for all your generous and invaluable feedback! That's how newbie people like me learn.:)

Lehel Biró.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:23 PM