Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact .... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello:
    In my network I have a OCS 2007, I have a problems with clients  Windows 2000 professional with SP4, IE 6,0 SP2 and have problems when connecting to me with Office Communicator 2007:
    "Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator", but when beginning session in the same station by the communicator Web Access this ok.

Some idea on the matter
    thanks

Alfredo
    Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Alfredo,

This usually means that the client cannot find the ocs server. You can try 2 things:

1) If your client is set to "automatically sign in" make sure that you have all the correct DNS entries in your DNS server

2) if your client is set to "manual config" make sure that you have put in the servername and the correct port, e.g. ocspool.company.com:443

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Alfredo,

This usually means that the client cannot find the ocs server. You can try 2 things:

1) If your client is set to "automatically sign in" make sure that you have all the correct DNS entries in your DNS server

2) if your client is set to "manual config" make sure that you have put in the servername and the correct port, e.g. ocspool.company.com:443

Regards,

Matt

Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:33 PM
  • What does the event log say? On the client machine, Communicator will typically log a bit more detail as to the problem. CHeck this out - it's probably DNS as another poster has suggested - if so, the event log will confirm. If not, then the event log should point to the issue.

HTH

Friday, September 14, 2007 8:26 AM
  •  

Thomas Lee try see the event log on server that was deploy your  OCS 2007 .

Hi  my friends,

I have the same problem with my
    OCS 2007 Standard Configuration:

in the oCS 2007 Client appear the message below
    when the user try sign in using automatic logon

"Cannot sign in because the server is temporarily unavailable.
    Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator"

When I configure using maual config , a error message is  There was a problem verifying the certificate......

The user is logged on WINDOWS XP into domain called DC-01
    and the OCS 2007 server is installed in DC-02

I need configure,
    between the two domains, a trusted relationship in Active Directory???

thanks

Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:55 PM
  • Hi ,
    I had the same problem,I found that ocs services stopped because of expiration of account,so I hope it helps.
    Sunday, November 9, 2008 1:35 PM
  •  

I am having this same issue and there has to be a better way to do this.  what records need to be created in your dns?  According to the doc I have my sipinternaltls record and my sipinteral record but I am still getting this error.  Does anyone have this working using these records or are there others that need to be added?  I have an a host record for my pool.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:04 PM

• At first try the manual configuration (with your pool's FQDN) and see you can access to your pool without SRV records. If that works, then make sure that on workstation whcih fails can resolve your SRV records:
    1. open nslookup
    2. set q=SRV
    3. _sipinternaltls._tcp.<your domain FQDN>
    3b. previous should return IP and port (by default 5061) to your pool.
    4. _sipinternal._tcp.<your domain FQDN>
    4b. previous should return IP and port (by default 5060) to your pool.

-Petri-
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 10:11 PM
  • I have tried manual configuration and this works fine.  My records are as follows:

_sipinternaltls._tcp.pilotuk.pilotukcorp.company.com (FQDN) which maps to the fqdn of the pool looks fine when I do a nslookup

my sip is user@pilot.company.com

the error I am getting in the event log is: 
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Communicator
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 3
    Date:  12/15/2008
    Time:  9:34:24 AM
    User:  N/A
    Computer: Server
    Description:
    Communicator was unable to resolve the DNS hostname of the login server sipinternal.pilot.company.com
    Monday, December 15, 2008 3:40 PM
  • OK I did get this to work when I changed the sip to reflect the FQDN of the pool.  ie SIP= user@pilotuk.pilotukcorp.company.com .This is not ideal though since it will not match our email addresses.  Is there any way to work around this?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008 4:16 PM
  •  
    I am having a specific problem when trying to use the Communicator2007 trial with a BPOS trial. I am getting the "Server is temporarily unavailable" when logging in using the BPOS user name.
    Event logs reveal that Communicator client cannot find:  sip.<bpostrialdomain>.emea.microsoft.com.
    Does this mean that MS need to update their DNS records at their end? I raised a support request but as yet have had no response.
    Oliver
    • Proposed as answer by mcorriveau Monday, March 30, 2009 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:24 AM
  • I had the same problem.
    I created a new organizational unit in Active directory.  I assigned a new group policy to this unit.  I used the communicator 2005 Adm template.  I specified the DNs and transport to the Communictor 2007 server.  After completing this, I moved the computer and user into this unit.  The sign in works fine.
    I think there is a compatability problem between the Adm for communicator 2007 and communicator 2005.
    Monday, March 30, 2009 1:00 PM
  • same probs im facing and still im not able to resolve the issue
    server unavailable issue and certificate issue on automatic and manual logins

try to help me

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Sohaib Qazi
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 7:08 AM