Windows One Care RRS feed

• Question

• I run two computers. One with 64 bit Vista Ultimate , which I want as master.  ( Paid account for One care )The second computer runs XP 3.  ( the slave)  The xp computer has taken total control ( use's  One Care 90 day freebe ). The vista computer will not load  One care ? What's Up ?? they are connected With D-Link Wireless

Friday, April 24, 2009 11:24 AM

Answers

• I really do not understand your issue.
    OneCare will install on Vista 64 bit. You need to download from http://onecare.live.com and activate the trial download after install with the LiveID for your susbcription.
    There is no master/slave on a local network. You have two computers connected to a router. Both can run OneCare independently and you can choose to make either or both a Hub PC to see the status of both computers in your Circle - both need to be activated with the same LiveID for there to be a Circle.
    If the XP computer has configured wireless security on your wireless router and the Vista PC no longer has Internet access, reset the router and configure security manually on both computers per the instructions from D-Link or open OneCare on the XP computer and click on Change Settings/Firewall to get the key that OneCare used to set security.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:11 PM

All replies

• If you have configured wireless security using One Care on the first computer and the Vista computer is unable to access the internet open One Care on the XP computer, select Change Setings>Firewall>Advanced Settings>Network Connections>Details, you will see a network key. Copy the network key to the Vista computer and you will be able to access the internet. If there is some other installation issue please post back any details of what happens when you attempt to install One Care including any error messages.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:06 PM
  • I really do not understand your issue.
    OneCare will install on Vista 64 bit. You need to download from http://onecare.live.com and activate the trial download after install with the LiveID for your susbcription.
    There is no master/slave on a local network. You have two computers connected to a router. Both can run OneCare independently and you can choose to make either or both a Hub PC to see the status of both computers in your Circle - both need to be activated with the same LiveID for there to be a Circle.
    If the XP computer has configured wireless security on your wireless router and the Vista PC no longer has Internet access, reset the router and configure security manually on both computers per the instructions from D-Link or open OneCare on the XP computer and click on Change Settings/Firewall to get the key that OneCare used to set security.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:11 PM