none
Microsoft Virtual Academy - Developing HTML5 Apps Jump Start Course RRS feed

• General discussion

• https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/tracks/developing-html5-apps-jump-start

FREE COURSE

Of course, we know you’ve heard all the hype around Windows 8. While we’re thrilled at the reception Windows 8 is getting from the industry, analysts, partners and customers, we know you’re not going to just stop everything and become a believer in this “New Experience.” We get that you’re software developers and application architects who need to move beyond the hype and come face-to-face with what’s real.

The popular “Jump Start” virtual classroom experience leverages two experts and an eoungaging team-teaching approach to bring to you how to develop apps using HTML5, CSS3, and Javascript. We’re excited to introduce you to Jeremy Foster and Michael Palermo - two seasoned Microsoft Technical Evangelists with real world experience developing applications using a wide array of platforms and languages. Both Jeremy and Michael share a passion for creating powerful solutions leveraging HTML, CSS and JavaScript and are excited to dive into these topics together.

FREE EXAM VOUCHER

Register now to take your HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3 exam (70-480) for free using the voucher code HTMLJMP or watch this online course to hone your HTML5, JavaScript & CSS3 skills. (The voucher code is available through 3/31/2013 while supplies last.)

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:29 PM

All replies

• I cannot schedule my test using the Prometric website. When I tried to schedule an appointment it gave me a  "The page cannot be found" 
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:25 AM
  • It appears that the Prometric registration site is down.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:27 AM
  • so why don't you call them? all telephon numbers of every test center is on the website :-) 

loveley greetings holger 

Sincerly Holger Sinn It Consultant und Developer - Specializied on Microsoft und SAP Solutions

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:49 AM
  • Hy, thanks for this thread. 
    Did you allready did the exam? 

Sincerly Holger Sinn It Consultant und Developer - Specializied on Microsoft und SAP Solutions

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:51 AM
  • Is the course and voucher limited geographically or is a global offer?

When I try to access to the course I get this error message: "Unfortunately this course is not available in your locale".

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 2:14 PM
  • I've passed your question onto the MVA team.  Where are you from?

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:23 PM
  • thx!

I'm from Spain

Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:43 PM
  • I've found a workaround to play the course from my location:  changing the country (to USA) in my profile. The course links works ok (link to channel9 videos).
    Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:42 PM
  • JMiguel, Where did you change the country ? sorry , i just dunno ...
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 2:19 AM
  • Hi ChampionBr, you can change your country on your profile page --> https://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/MyMVA/MyProfile.aspx

Anyway, if you just want to whatch the videos without the self-assesments, go to http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Developing-HTML5-Apps-Jump-Start-01a-HTML5-Semantic-Structure-Part-1 (Below the video is a list of all parts of the course). Sample code available in codeshow.codeplex.com

• Edited by JMiguel Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:38 AM Put the links to contents
    Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:36 AM
  • I registered the exam from prometric site, but when I go to jump start training and want to "Sign In" then it gives me the following error,

We can't show you that page

Our server is having a problem. We're working to fix it as soon as we can, so try again in a few minutes.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:10 AM
  • I went through the prometric sign up process for this exam and found similar problems... i was using google chrome.

I repeated the process with IE and it went through fine.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Hi JMiguel.

I think... if we change our country in our profile page, it can affect to lost the promotional code to make the 70-480 exam.

I don't have any idea about why some courses aren't available in Spain, and i want to know if changing our profiles can be bad for the future.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Don't worry about the promo code, is not limited by region or country and still working after you change country on your profile.

After you complete the course, you can revert your profile to the original state.

In any case, this change is for activate the links to the Channel9 Videos (and compute the points for virtual academy), if you prefer, you can access directly through this link http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Developing-HTML5-Apps-Jump-Start-01a-HTML5-Semantic-Structure-Part-1

Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:01 PM
  • It appears that there is no longer any free exams left.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, January 4, 2013 4:35 AM
  • Hi Mr. Wharty, there is another valid code (yesterday was still working): HTMLMPN

Friday, January 4, 2013 12:42 PM
  • I can confirm that the supply of vouchers for the 70-480 exam have indeed been exhausted and no additional vouchers will be added at this time.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:17 PM