How can I stay signed in to my.msn?

• SinceI installed Windows Live Essentials, I do not stay signed in to My.MSN.  My Homepage is and I used to be signed in automatically, but since I installed Windows Live Essentials, every time I open my browser, I have to sign in to My.MSN again. How can I go directly to My.MSN when I open my browser without having to sign in every time, as I used to?

The topic "Cannot stay signed in to Windows Live" did not help.

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 on an AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor at 2.20 GHz with 6GB RAM and 375GB free HD space. My browser is Firefox 3.6.16.

I tried with IE9 and I did not have this problem on IE9, but the IE9 interface is so stripped down that it is a pain to use.

Sunday, April 03, 2011 11:58 AM

All replies

• I am experiencing the same issue; however, I AM running IE9 (if that even makes a difference).
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:59 PM
  • I am also having the same issue and am running IE9 and Win7.  searching for help I see lots of folks having issues  but no resolve

Gets real old

• Proposed as answer by nada chaaban Saturday, June 04, 2011 11:22 AM
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 8:23 PM
  • me,too  - any resolution ??
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 7:36 PM
  • Me 2
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:04 PM
  • same here using windows xp  I.E.8 and was ok untill two weeks ago and now a real inconveinience every time it can be 6,8,18 times a day.  someone please help us
    Friday, February 03, 2012 12:53 PM
  • hey, me too bout two weeks ago!! yea, now any time i go off the screen for any reason, to you tube or another site. comes back have to sign in... what a drag!!! what happened? and don't say it always did that,, cause i know better!!!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 8:41 PM
  • it is a pain...i have the same there a solution
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 1:33 PM
  • Hope this helps...

To work around this problem, you can do the following:

1) Start on the homepage that is NOT logged in correctly (it'll just be the generic page with no customizations).

2) Right click on the "Sign In" link at the top of the page and choose "Copy shortcut"

3) Open Internet Options in IE (under the gear at the top right of IE)

4) In the Home Page box, right click and choose "Paste". It should paste something that begins like "". You can use this as your only home page or a separate one.

5) Click the OK button.

Now, whenever you start, it should automatically go to your customized MSN homepage.

Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:47 PM
  • Thank you so much, it took me a few times to get it, but now I'm staying logged in. Thanks again.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 9:05 PM
  • Right on Jim.... you are the MAN !!!
    Friday, February 21, 2014 3:29 PM
  • This had been driving me nuts for the last month or so---always logged off of when I started IE. This solution fixed it! Thanks!
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:42 PM