Office Communications Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to know if my client is not connected to my office network and I installed OCS2007, can I still do video conferencing with him provided he just installed the web communicatior access?

Thanks

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:10 AM

All replies

• Communicator Web Access does not support audio or video.  If you need users outside your network to use audio and video then you need to install an Edge server so they can connect with the full Communicator client from outside the network.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:42 PM
  •  Mike Stacy wrote:
    Communicator Web Access does not support audio or video.  If you need users outside your network to use audio and video then you need to install an Edge server so they can connect with the full Communicator client from outside the network.

Thanks Mike.

I am installing only the Edge Server and not the full OCS 2007 now but in the midst on installing i encountered the below error

'There is no IP address available to external selection (Error 0xC3ECC78D9)'

This happened after i input the server's own IP as the Internal Interface IP address and the my network domain name in the FQDN for Internal interface. Not sure if this is correct

Please kindly advise.

Thank

Friday, June 27, 2008 9:11 AM
  • I am encountering the same error and I am only installing the Access Edge for PIC. I have set up my external dns settings per the Access Edge WP.

There is no IP address available for external interface selection.

(Error code: 0xC3EC78D9)

Thursday, July 3, 2008 8:04 PM
  • Apologies for the slow reply.  You will receive that message if you do not have enough IP addresses on the Edge server (you need at least 2).  The recommended configuration is to use 2 NICs - one communicates with the internet and the other communicates with the internal OCS environment.

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:33 PM