locked
Course 6430A & Exam 70-646 - Is this really correct? RRS feed

  • Question

  • In the preparation guide for exam 70-646 the recommended course is 6430A. 6430A is a planning & impact course not a course for Server Administrators who the prep guide points out are responsible for the operations and day-to-day management of an infrastructure of servers for an enterprise organization. Windows server administrators manage the infras
    tructure, Web, and IT application servers. The Windows server administrators use scripts and batch files written by others or those that they occasionally write themselves to accomplish tasks on a regular basis. They conduct most server management tasks remotely by using Terminal Server or administration tools installed on their local workstation. A server administrator’s primary tasks include:

    Managing the server operating system, file, and directory services

    Software distribution and updates

    Profiling and monitoring assigned servers

    Troubleshooting

    Can you please advise if there is a more suitable course than 6430A?
    Thanks
    Cheryl
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:22 AM

Answers

  • Hi Cheryl

    Get this book "MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Windows Server Administration" It coves all the exam objectives in-deph.

    I've given the 6430 classroom training, and I alway tell my students to get the Self-Paced Training Kits before writing the exam.

    The MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Contents at a Glance

    1 Installing, Upgrading, and Deploying Windows Server 2008 . . . . . . . . . . 1
    2 Configuring Network Connectivity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 59
    3 Active Directory and Group Policy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 131
    4 Application Servers and Services. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 197
    5 Terminal Services and Application and Server Virtualization . . . . . . . . 263
    6 File and Print Servers. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 319
    7 Windows Server 2008 Management, Monitoring, and Delegation . . . 395
    8 Patch Management and Security. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 467
    9 Remote Access and Network Access Protection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 509
    10 Certificate Services and Storage Area Networks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 545
    11 Clustering and High Availability . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 587
    12 Backup and Recovery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 627


    MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS, MCBMSS, MCBMSP, MCT
    Friday, April 24, 2009 3:27 PM

All replies

  • BTW only 20% of this exam 70-646 relates to monitoring & maintaining. The other 80% of skills relating to this exam are all about planning, which is not what a Server Administrator would be responsible for...
    Thanks
    Cheryl
    Friday, April 24, 2009 1:48 AM
  • Hi Cheryl

    Get this book "MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Windows Server Administration" It coves all the exam objectives in-deph.

    I've given the 6430 classroom training, and I alway tell my students to get the Self-Paced Training Kits before writing the exam.

    The MCITP Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-646): Contents at a Glance

    1 Installing, Upgrading, and Deploying Windows Server 2008 . . . . . . . . . . 1
    2 Configuring Network Connectivity . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 59
    3 Active Directory and Group Policy . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 131
    4 Application Servers and Services. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 197
    5 Terminal Services and Application and Server Virtualization . . . . . . . . 263
    6 File and Print Servers. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 319
    7 Windows Server 2008 Management, Monitoring, and Delegation . . . 395
    8 Patch Management and Security. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 467
    9 Remote Access and Network Access Protection . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 509
    10 Certificate Services and Storage Area Networks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 545
    11 Clustering and High Availability . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 587
    12 Backup and Recovery . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 627


    MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, MCTS, MCBMSS, MCBMSP, MCT
    Friday, April 24, 2009 3:27 PM
  • I already have a different, but similar book.  Do you know of any quick study guides?
    Monday, December 12, 2011 11:43 PM
  • i am doing preparation from certifyspace.com guides. Its good to secure good grades
    Friday, December 16, 2011 7:06 AM