Orphaned Entities in CRM Dynamics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Within my dev system (CRM Dynamics 2011) I have a bunch of entities displayed within my related menu which I'd like to remove.  Trouble is, I cannot find the associated entity anywhere so I can't drill down to find the relationship to set not to display.

In my test system I have managed to re-create this issue by selecting a solution and pressing Del.  The solution dissappears but the entire contents still appear within my system but not via the Solutions area so I can no longer manage them.  I am assuming I or one of my dev team has inadvertantly deleted the overriding solution in my dev environment.

Any assistance with locating these rogue entities much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:11 PM

All replies

• hi Steve,

if you have deleted an unmanaged solution, the component inside will not be removed. This applies only to managed solution. If you are sure that these items are custom created and you do not want them, please go into the default solution and delete them.

please note that delete is permanently and data also will be removed with the entity. So a backup of database is advised.

if you are unsure, then the menu can be hidden using tools like ribbon workbench.

regards

Jithesh

Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:11 PM
  • Another option might be to create a new solution with only the components you want to save (you will be prompted to add related components).  Export that solution as unmanaged, then import it into a new CRM org.
    Friday, October 17, 2014 8:14 PM