Livemeeting and inviting anonymous users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I seem to be having a problem with inviting anonymous users using livemeeting. We've deployed OCS 2007 Enterprise,  with a Consolidated Access Edge, and ISA 2006 for reverse proxy. All is working, domain users can use Communicator / Livemeeting from outside, no problems with address book downloads, authentication etc. Battled a bit with the AV, but thats working now.

If we send an invite to an anonymous user, the user inputs the meeting details and is then greeted with a logon prompt, for sip.domain.com. If we cancel the logon, we cant join the meeting. If we use logon details of an enabled OCS user, it allow us in, but then it says "Domain Authentication Failed". At this point, Live Meeting allows us to type in the name of the (assuming anonymous here) Live Meeting attendee. Then we're greeted with another logon prompt. If we cancel, the meeting is cancelled completely. If we authenticate with the same user as before, the attendee is connected to the meeting and full Live Meeting functionality is available.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the published web conferencing server, however, not sure which components the livemeeting client is looking for.

Checking the pwconsole-debug log files, the Livemeeting client access the web components server https://ocs.domain.com/etc/place/null/FileTree/filename.exxx without any problems, I can download files from that location without authentication, so I guess that not where the authentication prompts are coming from, besides, the presentation content seems to be okay.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sunday, January 25, 2009 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hi

I have exactly the same behaviour and searching the web for a solution.

Did you solve the anonymous access problem?

Thanks for any hints.

Frank
    Friday, March 13, 2009 10:06 AM
  • Hi,

1 setting and 2 places to look for, for moving further...

Check if Meeting Policy allows users to Invite Anonymous attendees.

Check if on Edge server, "Allow Anonymous" users to join meeting is checked.

To troubleshoot:

Check Edge Server SIPStack from OCSLogger to see what is happening when an Anonymous user is trying to join the meeting. Also running Validation wizard may suggest something.
    Check for Event logs if you see something related.

Anuj.

Anuj
    Saturday, March 14, 2009 10:21 PM
  • I just figured out it for myself.
    "Anonymous" users from Internet must delete all credentials at the live-meeting client.
    After that they can enter the meeting as "anonymous" users.
    Before entering the meeting they will be asked to enter the "name" for meeting. It can be any description for the other attendees of meeting.

Friday, March 20, 2009 4:54 PM