Why won't my client update to 0.9.3424.14? RRS feed

• Question

• I have the live mesh client installed on a number of computers. Of 3 I've looked at, 2 updated to 0.9.3424.14 without any major problem. One in response to a little instent manual update checks (that one was running Windows 7 beta) and the other (Vista SP2 beta) automaticaly.

However, on my third machine (a laptop with Windows 7 beta) it refuses to update to
    0.9.3424.14. Whenever I do a manual check for updates it says it's already up to date. However, its version number is still 0.9.3424.5 and aero is still messed up. I also tried letting it run without sleeping overnight hoping it would eventually update itself but it hasn't.

Is there an issue with the update server or is there something I need to do to force the update?

Thanks!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:29 PM

Answers

• After I submitted a bug report with my logs I downloaded the current livemesh client through the add device screen then opened a command prompt in the folder where I downloaded it and typed "livemesh /repair".

This did the trick. Livemesh client updated to .14 and as far as I can tell my synced folders are fine and now aero is finally back without all the obsidian black glass around my windows... (It's nice to be able to read window titles again).

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:54 PM

All replies

• I would suggest reinstalling it.
    There is also a reference to using a repair command switch in this thread that might work:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/LiveMesh/thread/af4a9a1c-e368-47bd-ad01-63d3a600d89a

And, I would imagine that the Live mesh team would be interested in getting your logs and a bug report for that machine before you take further steps to try to resolve it. Instructions for collecting logs and filing a bug on Connect are in an announcement at the top of this forum.

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 4:52 PM
  • I'll look into sending a bug report before doing anything else. It does seem to be just the one computer as I've now updated on 2 others without incident. I tried to reinstall but it refused since it was already installed and I'm hesitant to uninstall as I'm not sure what happens with my synced folders. It took a fair bit of doing to resolve a lot of conflicts that didn't really make much sense to begin with, and I'd rather not go through that again. I will, however try the repair switch. Maybe that will do it for me.

Thanks!
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:05 PM
  • I have exactly the same issue. On one machine (Vista SP1) a dialog popped up on its own asking me to update Live Mesh and everything worked fine. On the other machine (XP SP2) Live Mesh always says that its up to date even though it has the old version. And I am also afraid of trying the uninstall/reinstall route as it might cause a re-sync of all my folders or other issues.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:14 PM
  • After I submitted a bug report with my logs I downloaded the current livemesh client through the add device screen then opened a command prompt in the folder where I downloaded it and typed "livemesh /repair".

This did the trick. Livemesh client updated to .14 and as far as I can tell my synced folders are fine and now aero is finally back without all the obsidian black glass around my windows... (It's nice to be able to read window titles again).

Thanks.
    Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:54 PM
  • That did it for me too. It asked me to add my device to the mesh once again (even though it was there previously). I used the same name as before and so far everything looks ok.
    Friday, January 16, 2009 2:50 PM