File or assembly name XXXXXX.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hello evervybody,

It's not the first time that I encountered this this exception and each time it's difficult for me to find which dependency is missing.
    My first question is the following, is there a good reason why it's not written in the message which dependency is missing ?
    Instead of to tell us that one dependency is missing, why CLR doesn't provide us which assembly can't be find.

Second question if it's so long and boring to solve this kind of error it's certainly because I don't use the good tools.
    Until now when I encouter this problem and the that I have a colleague who has not the same issue.
    I use dependency walker and I try to compare the dependency one by one. First it's really painful and sometimes I don't find the reason.

Please, let me learn from your experience to solve this kind of errors.

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I'm not sure which program you are encountering this error for?  This forum is for the Learning and Content Development System (LCDS).  If you let me know what you are struggling with we can move this thread to a forum that may be more helpful for you. 

If this is an LCDS issue, can you give me a little more information about when you are experiencing the error so that I can better help you with a solution?

Thanks,
    Vanessa
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 4:43 PM