none
Could not load file or assembly 'TidasdotNet, RRS feed

• Question

• When I run my program I get this error :

Could not load file or assembly 'TidasdotNet, Version=0.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

I got a sample program from the company that make the TidasdotNet .dll. They give you the sample code but not the full project, so I do not know how their solution is set up.

anyhow, I can get the program to run just fine but when I turn my code that did that run time error.

I am using all the same .dlls they are using. Also if, I deleted on of the .dll from where the program is said I get the same error ....

so I know, I have all the right .dll and I even have the running from here my project is saved .

so why I am getting this error ?

I have the .dlls saved under my project solation

and I have the  TidasdotNet .dll under reference ...

so why it is not working ?

what do I have to do ?

• Moved by Fei Hu Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:26 AM Moved from C#
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 8:26 PM

All replies

• Could not load file or assembly 'TidasdotNet, Version=0.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

In general,  it may mean that you have a 64 bit dll that you are trying to run in a 32bit solution. Or you have a 64bit solution and you are not putting the 32bit DLL in the WoW64 area.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 9:35 PM
  • Contact the vendor of TidasdotNet. Unfortunately, we don't have enough information to troubleshoot this issue.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:23 PM
  • I am running a Wrapper

not it is saying :

Unable to load DLL 'TIDAS.DLL': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 10:33 PM
  • Hi Btb4198,

According to your question is more related to thirdparty libraries, you could consult to their company for better support.
    If you have some grammar or code errors in using C#, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Neil Hu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:25 AM