Software Implementer RRS feed

• Question

• We have installed 2011 CRM Dynamics and are importing delimited data from GoldMine.  We did not have any problems loading over 60,000 accounts records but are having problems loading our contacts.  We were able to load a batch of 10,000 contact records but are now having problems loading additional contacts.  I created a 2nd contacts file of 10,000 then 5000, and now 2000, and we receive a non-discripted error right after we enter the csv contact file name and press the OK button.  All the files have the same format.  I have even copied and saved the files in Notepad and saved then with a encoding of Unicode and UTF-8 and no success.  Any ideas?

Carl Peterson - 734-812-9532

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:46 PM

All replies

• If you want to load high quantity of data, I recommend that you use ETLs. Maybe you can create a SSIS package.
    Julio
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Have you checked if you have any duplicates and if these might be causing problems? Are the lookup-fields like for instance the "Parent Customer" containing matching data?

Do you have any more info on the errors you are getting? Check the import job and the event viewer for more serious errors. Make a backup and then try to find one single data row that crashes and try to find out why by checking the data column by column.

Gustaf Westerlund, CEO and Chief Architect at CRM-Konsulterna in Sweden
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 7:41 AM