Live Mesh will not sync to new device -- please help RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have been using Live Mesh for about 6 months now, maybe more.

Today when I started my laptop, I got the "Failed to start Live Mesh" error.  I tried again, but again it failed.  I rebooted the computer, but still got the error.

I removed the laptop from my Live Mesh device list, uninstalled the software, and deleted the folder it was syncing to.  The I rebooted the computer.

I then added the laptop back to my list of devices, and installed the Live Mesh software.  It then added the folder back onto my laptop, but it would not download any of the files to it.  I waited and waited and waited, but it wouldn't do it.  I even changed one of the files on my desktop, and watched Live Mesh upload it from my desktop. But still, nothing happened on my laptop.

Can anyone help?
    Friday, February 26, 2010 5:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried it again, and this time waited.  After about 15 minutes, it did finally start to download the files.  Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't realize it could take that long.
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:51 AM

All replies

• Is this still happening for you? it does sometimes take time for things to settle down after a remove/add series of events like you performed.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 1, 2010 3:47 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried it again, and this time waited.  After about 15 minutes, it did finally start to download the files.  Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't realize it could take that long.
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 12:51 AM