locked
SQLAccesGroup Error during installation RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello, 

    When i install CRM4 i get the following error:

    Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantConfigDBDatabaseAccesAction Failed.
    Windows NT user or Group 'Domain\SQLAccesGroup{4dd5de0d-78c1-4074-a622-7e5c4d2dc150}' not found. Check the name again.

    When i check AD i will find the group specified, the CRM server is member of the group.

    Configuration:

    Windows 2008 standard UK, DC, CRM 4.0 Workgroup Dutch
    Windows 2008 standard UK, SQL2008

    Can someone help me.

    regards,

    Sjoerd
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:18 PM

Answers

  • Hello,

    I found the solution.

    When I installed the server, I change the Currensies to Dutch. When I change this to English (united states), then I don't get this error.

    I didn't mentioned this before because I thought this could be a problem.

    Thanks everyone for helping me.

    Regards,

    Sjoerd
    • Marked as answer by sjoerdje Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:24 PM

All replies

  • Ensure that the user installing CRM has full rights to the SQL database.
    Best Regards, Donna
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:37 PM
  • Hello Donna,

    I'm installing CRM using domain administrator, so i don't think this is the problem.

    regards,

    Sjoerd
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 12:35 PM
  •  The SQL Server seems to think that the group doesn't exist. Is your error message a cut and paste ( I think it isn't) becase the SQLAccesGroup bit should be spelt SQLAccessGroup.

    Is the SQL Server a member of the same domain as the CRM server?  This is a requirement for CRM.

    Also, check the service account that SQL Server is running under. If it is local system account then I think is part of the problem. I always create and use a Domain account for SQL Server services.
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:28 PM
    Monday, February 16, 2009 9:41 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello,

    I used the domain administrator to start the services, but when this didn't work i used the network service account. This also doesn't work.

    yes the SQl server is part of the domain..

    Regards,

    Sjoerd

    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:00 AM
  • Hello,

    I found the solution.

    When I installed the server, I change the Currensies to Dutch. When I change this to English (united states), then I don't get this error.

    I didn't mentioned this before because I thought this could be a problem.

    Thanks everyone for helping me.

    Regards,

    Sjoerd
    • Marked as answer by sjoerdje Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:24 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:24 PM