backup problems- not enough cds RRS feed

• Question

• hi this is my first post so sorry if its already been addressed. I am 80% through my first backup (backing up to cd roms) and i have run out of cds! Is it possible to resume later, or save where i am at? It might be a long shot but any advice would be wonderful. I saw a post for windows vista saying you could finish later, but I am working with xp. thank you1

Thursday, February 14, 2008 10:35 AM

Answers

• No, you can't finish later on Vista or XP. Once you cancel backup, it is considered incomplete and you will need to start the backup over. If you have the ability to leave the backup prompt open waiting for you to feed it another CD and confirm, I'd do that and go pick up a spindle of CDs in order to complete the backup.

The good news is that your next backup should need many fewer discs as it will only backup new and changed files.

If you need to cancel the backup, due to not being able to get additional blank discs today, I'd consider getting an inexpensive USB external drive, which will make backup much easier to perform.

-steve

Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:32 PM