Basic CRM question RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying evaluate dynamic CRM 4.0 to build a new application for our client . The client has nothing to do sales and marketting. How do i build new forms without the system fields requireed for sales,accounts and marketing? Also, How do i disable displaying the tabs for sales, marketing etc from the workplace?

Thanks
    Ramya

Friday, November 13, 2009 1:26 AM

Answers

• Your question leads into to xRM which is gaining tremendous momentum these days. I would refer you to www.XRMVIRTUAL.com, an on-line, free, user group for those interested in using CRM as a platform for building other types of applications. I would also point you to the book 'xRM as a Rapid Development Platform'. You can find info of that at www.thecrmbook.com.

That being said, there are many ways to do as you describe. First, you can create your own custom entities that may have nothing to do with sales etc. You can modify the existing forms to reflect the type of information you specifically need instead of sales stuff. You can remove existing tabs and add your own. If you want to change the way the navigation pane is displayed in the application home page, you can modify the Site Map. If you want to modify other navigation panes, use the ISV Config.

There are lots of resources for customizing CRM. I've listed a couple of xRM type resources, there are other more generic ones as well. Plus you might want to take the CRM 4.0 Configuration and Customization course, 8912A.

Hope this helps some. - Larry

Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Friday, November 13, 2009 1:48 AM

All replies

• Your question leads into to xRM which is gaining tremendous momentum these days. I would refer you to www.XRMVIRTUAL.com, an on-line, free, user group for those interested in using CRM as a platform for building other types of applications. I would also point you to the book 'xRM as a Rapid Development Platform'. You can find info of that at www.thecrmbook.com.

That being said, there are many ways to do as you describe. First, you can create your own custom entities that may have nothing to do with sales etc. You can modify the existing forms to reflect the type of information you specifically need instead of sales stuff. You can remove existing tabs and add your own. If you want to change the way the navigation pane is displayed in the application home page, you can modify the Site Map. If you want to modify other navigation panes, use the ISV Config.

There are lots of resources for customizing CRM. I've listed a couple of xRM type resources, there are other more generic ones as well. Plus you might want to take the CRM 4.0 Configuration and Customization course, 8912A.

Hope this helps some. - Larry

Larry Lentz [Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP]
    Friday, November 13, 2009 1:48 AM
  • Thanks Larry...The site map configuration didnot remove the sales,marketting tabs. probably i am doign somehting wrong...But i am reading up on XRM and am finding it quite useful..Thanks for the tip.

Thanks
    Ramya
    Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:49 AM