CWA 2007 R2 Installation Rights Needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

do i need domain admin rights to install CWA 2007 R2 or can i install as domain user who is local administrator?
    Monday, August 17, 2009 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Thomas,

To install CWA files on your web server (step1), you need local administrator credential on that server.
    To activate CWA in Active Directory and create the Service Account for CWA (step2) you need Domain Admin and RTCUniversalServerAdmins credentials on your domain.

Regards
    • Marked as answer by UTTO Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:39 AM

• To add, I would make sure that the account used for all aspects of R2 setup steps is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins and RTCUniversalServerAdmins security groups.

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com
    • Marked as answer by UTTO Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:19 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:13 PM

All replies

• Hi thomas oeser

You must log on to the computer where CWA is to be installed as a member of both the local Administrators group and the Domain Admins group

Thanks

Monday, August 17, 2009 11:42 PM
  • Hi Thomas,

To install CWA files on your web server (step1), you need local administrator credential on that server.
    To activate CWA in Active Directory and create the Service Account for CWA (step2) you need Domain Admin and RTCUniversalServerAdmins credentials on your domain.

Regards
    • Marked as answer by UTTO Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 6:39 AM

• To add, I would make sure that the account used for all aspects of R2 setup steps is a member of the local Administrators, Domain Admins and RTCUniversalServerAdmins security groups.

TechNet Forum Moderator - http://www.leedesmond.com
    • Marked as answer by UTTO Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:19 PM
    Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:13 PM