none
shell

Answers

• Hello,

Further questions should be asked in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:17 PM

All replies

• how do I install windows shell on my laptop

thank you

Monday, February 9, 2015 3:20 AM
  • To enable us to help you better, you need to provide as many details as you can about the problem you are experiencing.

If you design your question effectively, you can get good information from people who are knowledgeable about the topic and who are happy to help you.

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all.

What troubleshooting have you done so far?

Also please supply your, OS, Browser.
    Asking an effective question will get you help faster read how here
    Suggestions for asking for help on a site.
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, February 9, 2015 3:38 AM
  • Hi,

"Windows shell" refers to the graphical user interface of Windows. All consumer versions come with the shell installed by default.

Sometimes people refer to the "Windows classic shell" as a reference for the GUI as present in Windows 7 and older (including start menu), although Microsoft has used this same naming for a mode were Windows Vista and older presented with the traditional non accelerated grey startbar and menu.

in Windows server editions (2008 and up) you can install the OS in 'core' mode, which does not include the graphical shell. In Windows 2012 and up you can install/uninstall the shell without reinstalling the OS.

Please let me know whether this info answers you question and if not, what exactly you want to achieve.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:56 AM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:15 PM
  • Hello,

Further questions should be asked in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 5:17 PM