none
The memory could not be “read”. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP Pavilion ZD7000 laptop running Windows XP SP2 with two profiles.

I can boot and log onto either profile with NO errors no matter what.

But if I log off of either profile and log onto either profile, I will get the following errors:

The instruction at “0x00ea640e” referenced memory at “0x00ea640e”. The memory could not be “read”.

BUT, if I log off of either profile and log onto either profile, and start internet explorer as soon as possible, I will NOT get any errors!

This is always repeatable.  (ONLY logging on AFTER logging off causes errors if you don’t start IE quickly)

I am running IE 7 as well as all other software updated.  Disabling my browser add-ons that have the publisher listed as (not verified) did not do anything.  I also tried Allow active content to run and Allow software to run without a valid signature.  Also Check for signatures on downloaded programs and Check for publisher's certificate revocation being turned off did nothing either.

Thanks for your help.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hello Go Bama,

Thsi post is not really related to Windows High Performance Computing.  I would encourage you to place this post in either the Windows XP, or Internet Explorer News goup.

Good luck with your trouble shooting efforts.

Michael Cole

Administrator/Moderator

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:25 PM