none
xp home edition RRS feed

• Question

• I have a laptop and never reinstalled windows. where can i get a setup cd that will work with my licence key sticked on the back of the laptop? I borowed from a friend a home edition cd with sp2 but that didn't worked with my licence
    Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:54 PM

Answers

• Good Morning Boditza,

Your issue appears to be outside the scope of the Genuine Advantage forum. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. First you need to contact Technicial Support of the manufacturer of the laptop. Explain your situation and request a recovery software disc.  Some manfacturers place a hidden partition on the hard drive just for instances such as what you are encountering. There may be a tool on the system which will allow the user to make their own  recovery software disc onces the system has been restored to factory settings This would only work if the system has never been reformatted.  Another way is locate a newsgroup located on the manufacturer's website. Ask a question How can I locate a recovery disc for my laptop, model XXXXX?  Remember recovery CD’s are specific to your computer manufacturer and model.  They should be able to assist with your request and/or questions.

Good luck,

Boditza

Thursday, November 15, 2007 5:23 PM