Incomplete reports after transferring account to Money Plus Deluxe from older version RRS feed

• Question

• Following transfer of account data to Money Plus De Luxe reports contain only data entered after transfer - not the  transferred data even though marked as "accepted".

Is there a solution to this problem?

Saturday, June 25, 2011 6:19 AM

All replies

• I am not sure what you mean by "transfer". I guess you mean what is usually called "conversion". Was the previous version a US version?

Are the transactions that are not reflected in the report present in the registers? Try Customizing the report to include the wider set of dates.

Consider resetting the reports with Tools->Settings->ReportSettings->ResetReports, or at least reset the report in question.

If you still have a problem, try making a repaired version of your file with  File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1.

Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Thanks to Carl Learner for his helpful comments; In response I would add

1  The transactions that are missing in the reports are present in the ledger.

2  Widening the range of dates gave the same results; namely only data entereed after the conversion is recognised.

3 I have changed the settings on different reports and it has made no difference

4 I did as Carl suggested and ran "Standard file  Rrepair". The report of the results indicated that there were no erroneuos entries.

5. Converted entries were marked "E" with the option that they can be accepted or rejected. The file contains a very long list of entries and it is not practicable to mark them individually. But there was in the menu an option to "Accept all". I chose this option but all the entries remained marked "E".  To test whether the items were in fact "accepted" I maked as "C" some f those that were not appearing in the reports. But even then they did not appear in reports.

I would apopreciate any further suggestions you may have.

Peter Goldsworthy

Monday, June 27, 2011 1:57 PM
  • Regarding the Standard File Repair, note that the process creates a file with a new name. If you did level 1, try level 2, and vice versa. The two levels do different things.

Having E (essentially means the transaction was downloaded) vs C (cleared) should not cause the problem. If however you wanted to mark all transactions as cleared, here is a procedure:

If you wish to start fresh and declare an account balanced, you can
    mark all entries balanced.  Select to show only unreconciled
    transactions.  Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction.
    Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the
    transactions until none are left showing.  Do not change the
    starting date or starting balance.  The starting balance is the sum
    of the transactions that have already been marked as reconciled.
    Then balance making the ending balance match the known balance.
    Choose the balance date to be the day after your last transaction.
    This is not the normal procedure. 

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:48 PM
  • I have followed the steps suggested by Carl Learner to mark all entries balanced. The auto repeaat procedure did the job quickly and easily, but unfortunately it has not solved the problem;  the entries in the reports are still incomplete.

Peter Goldsworthy

Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:53 AM