CRM Patch Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• When trying to install the CRM update (CRM3.0-KB922815-v3-Client-ENU) I am consistently met with error message stating that "not enough storage is available to process this command".  There is plenty storage left, but i cannot auto-send emails from CRM until this roll-up is applied.  I am trying to install the client on a Vista Business platform.  As of yet, i have not attempted to install the Server Patch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:25 PM

Answers

• It isn't officially supported nor can I frig it enough to make it work.

The not enough storage message you can get around by running the app in compatibility mode (XPSP2)

You will then be hit by "Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Client for Microsoft Office Outlook or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language."

You can get around this by going to HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and creating a key called {CA7BE522-8026-4E85-A432-1C9EB6BCFC00}

(Worryingly this is also required under XP and office 2003 which is supposed to be supported)

Once you do that you will likley be hit by the next eror message which is "Setup has detected you have an incorrect version of CRM" or something like that, I can't remeber the exact wording.

You can get past this one by going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient and modifying the version numbers of CRM_Client_Serviceability_Version and CRM_Client_Version to 3.0.5300.x where x = anything between 1 to 999

(Again worryingly this is also required under XP and office 2003 which is supposed to be supported).

On XP w/ office 2003 this will now install properly however in Vista it pops the first dialog box and then fails thusly

0.031: 2007/06/21 15:44:19.857 (local)
    0.031: C:\tempfolder\Update\update.exe (version 6.1.22.0)
    0.031: DoInstallation: GetProcAddress(InitializeCustomizationDLL) Returned: 0x7f
    0.047: Hotfix started with following command line:
    0.062: CreateUserInterface:  GetProcAddress for DefineInstallCustomUI failed:  0x7f
    0.234: PrepareToTrustInfFile: MySetupCopyOEMInf failed: 0xe000024a
    0.234: IsInfFileTrusted: PrepareToTrustInfFile Failed: 0xe000024a
    0.250: KB922815 installation did not complete.
    2.359: Message displayed to the user: KB922815 installation did not complete.
    2.359: User Input: OK
    2.359: Update.exe extended error code = 0xe000024a
    2.359: Update.exe return code was masked to 0x643 for MSI custom action compliance.

I cannot get past this.

I can understand frigging about with this under Vista to try and get it working (for fun you understand) but the fact that I had to go through these same steps under XP is frankly inexcusable.

I sat in a teched presentation where the product manager for CRM vowed that the team worked hard to make this stuff "just work". Clearly something is going wrong.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:49 PM

All replies

• It isn't officially supported nor can I frig it enough to make it work.

The not enough storage message you can get around by running the app in compatibility mode (XPSP2)

You will then be hit by "Setup could not find Microsoft CRM 3.0 Client for Microsoft Office Outlook or you have a mismatch between update language and Microsoft CRM language."

You can get around this by going to HKEY_Local_Machine\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and creating a key called {CA7BE522-8026-4E85-A432-1C9EB6BCFC00}

(Worryingly this is also required under XP and office 2003 which is supposed to be supported)

Once you do that you will likley be hit by the next eror message which is "Setup has detected you have an incorrect version of CRM" or something like that, I can't remeber the exact wording.

You can get past this one by going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient and modifying the version numbers of CRM_Client_Serviceability_Version and CRM_Client_Version to 3.0.5300.x where x = anything between 1 to 999

(Again worryingly this is also required under XP and office 2003 which is supposed to be supported).

On XP w/ office 2003 this will now install properly however in Vista it pops the first dialog box and then fails thusly

0.031: 2007/06/21 15:44:19.857 (local)
    0.031: C:\tempfolder\Update\update.exe (version 6.1.22.0)
    0.031: DoInstallation: GetProcAddress(InitializeCustomizationDLL) Returned: 0x7f
    0.047: Hotfix started with following command line:
    0.062: CreateUserInterface:  GetProcAddress for DefineInstallCustomUI failed:  0x7f
    0.234: PrepareToTrustInfFile: MySetupCopyOEMInf failed: 0xe000024a
    0.234: IsInfFileTrusted: PrepareToTrustInfFile Failed: 0xe000024a
    0.250: KB922815 installation did not complete.
    2.359: Message displayed to the user: KB922815 installation did not complete.
    2.359: User Input: OK
    2.359: Update.exe extended error code = 0xe000024a
    2.359: Update.exe return code was masked to 0x643 for MSI custom action compliance.

I cannot get past this.

I can understand frigging about with this under Vista to try and get it working (for fun you understand) but the fact that I had to go through these same steps under XP is frankly inexcusable.

I sat in a teched presentation where the product manager for CRM vowed that the team worked hard to make this stuff "just work". Clearly something is going wrong.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 3:49 PM
  • I have followed your instructions Cable, and am now stuck at the exact same point.

Surely this isn't just a huge oversight by the powers that be?!?  Someone else must have had this problem, no?

Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:21 PM