Can't enable my computer for remote connections RRS feed

• General discussion

• Each time when I try to enable my computer to allow remote connections via mesh, I get the same error stating "an error occured while enabling external connections".

I already upgraded to v2011, same issue.

Nothing seems to be logged in the event viewer.

I also check whether the firewall is enabled for mesh, which is the case.

I am using W7 Ultimate 64bit/4GB

Any suggestions how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Thursday, January 13, 2011 4:55 PM

All replies

•  

I assume that you mean that you had the issue with Live Mesh beta, and now that you have removed that and installed Windows Live Mesh 2011, the issue persists.

Since you are now referring to Windows Live Mesh, not Live Mesh - www.mesh.com, you should post to the forum for the new version.

For discussion of the new Windows Live Mesh (formerly Sync), (as well as the released Live Sync version) go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

When you post there, answer these questions, too.

What firewall? What security software?

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:22 PM
  • One other thing that comes to mind is that you may have disabled some services. Have you tweaked anything on the OS? I don't know what services need to be enabled and running, but two that come to mind are Terminal Services and RPC Service.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 8:25 PM