none
LiveID and trusted sites problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• When I click "Sign in", IE8 is redirected to Live ID login page. I enter my credentials there and get redirected back to the forum, but I still apppear signed out. If I hit the "Sign in" button again, the Live ID login page shows I'm already logged in.

Afer I removed *.microsoft.com from the list of trusted sites in my IE8, I am able to sign in again.

Thursday, December 30, 2010 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Rozi,

May be you should just use a non-microsoft ID to login.

Liam

Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:05 AM
  • If I hit the "Sign in" button again, the Live ID login page shows I'm already logged in.

Sounds like the Microsoft forums version of the Answers forums sign-in screw-up.   ; }

My guess is that both symptoms ultimately could be blamed on recent incompatibilities introduced by changes in Live ID functionality.   Are you using the  Windows Live Sign-in Control?   Installed with  WL Essentials.   Two changes to note are that now if you don't logout you can appear always logged in and if you do have to login and you are using IE you can get your userid saved by AutoComplete for forms (not AutoComplete for forms and passwords, just AutoComplete for forms).   More info on the  WLSC Live ID portal

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, August 20, 2011 3:37 AM
  • I have no idea what it was. Fortunately, the login started to work a few weeks later. I am using Live ID to login. I also had WL Essentials (Messenger) installed and running. Perhaps the site was upgraded, perhaps some IE update resolved the issue. Anyhow, this issue is past now.

Saturday, August 20, 2011 8:13 PM