TBOT IS OFF AGAIN ?????? RRS feed

• Question

• It has been very erratic the last few weeks/months.....have used it for a long time....but now it seems to be going offline almost weekly....
    Friday, April 27, 2012 7:02 AM

All replies

• It does go offline at least once a week, and getting worse, a bit like my Windows 7x64 PC at my office, BSOD every hour but with no reason given.  Very frustrating when it's a tool you depend upon.

Could someone please let everyone know what is causing the loss of TBot so often and for such long periods of time?  Last time was over three days.

Friday, April 27, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Yes i have the same problems with Windows 7 also.....my laptop came with the x32 version and was fine.....but then it auto installed the x64 version whether i wanted it or not.....i gave up fighting it finally.....and now it is much worse then before....have to re boot at least once a day now....

i am thinking of going with a Mac next time.....any advice out there?

Friday, April 27, 2012 12:14 PM
  • I use PC at work because my compiler software runs under DOS and Windows.

At home I use an iMac 27" and a MacBook Pro 13"

Mac is NOT perfect and NOT crash-proof, but I have never seen anything the equivalent of a BSOD in 10 years of using Mac, software does sometimes crash, but never, in my experience has OS-X crashed.  i think the fact that the OS and the hardware are properly matched helps.

I have an MacBook on which I run Windows XP & OS-X in a dual-boot and using Parallels, never experienced a BSOD on that running Windows.

I do not however own an iPod, and iPhone (utter rubbish) or an iPad, I am not an iDiot!

Friday, April 27, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Tbot is back online.  Please sign out and sign in again.  Thanks for your patience.  Takako (Microsoft Translator Team)

Friday, April 27, 2012 6:23 PM
  • Well it is offline again........for the second time tonight.....and now its staying off.....why is it so erratic the last few weeks????
    Monday, April 30, 2012 1:01 AM