none
connect.microsoft.com does not work for VS2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I can not submit issue using https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio . I want to submit into "Visual C++ Compiler and Libraries VS 2017". It does not work for me. After Push "Submit" I got an error:

Page Not Found 

The content that you requested cannot be found or you do not have permission to view it. 

If you believe you have reached this page in error, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this ID in your e-mail:....

Could you check functionality?

• Moved by Baron Bi Tuesday, June 6, 2017 5:57 AM Not about development
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:26 AM

All replies

• For VS2017, try using the Report A Problem facility (the little person with a bubble image in the caption bar) in the IDE.

Dave

Thursday, June 1, 2017 10:55 AM
  • If you don't want to use the Visual Studio UI, the new site where things go is developercommunity.visualstudio.com and you can report problems manually from there.

This is a signature Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 2:10 PM
  • >If you don't want to use the Visual Studio UI, the new site where things go is https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/ and you can report problems manually from there.

When I visit there, it just directs me to use the VS2017 IDE. Does it behave differently for you?

Dave

Thursday, June 1, 2017 4:17 PM
  • Hi Mike,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about c++ development. For your case which is related to Connect webpage issue, I suggest you try developercommunity.visualstudio.com as Darran Rowe suggested, or post on Microsoft Community for better support. This case will be moved to off-topic.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,
    Sera Yu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Baron Bi Friday, June 2, 2017 3:24 AM
    Friday, June 2, 2017 3:23 AM
  • That's where it takes me.

This is a signature Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Saturday, June 3, 2017 5:50 PM
  • >That's where it takes me.

And when you press the "report a problem" button ... ?

... it points me to use the VS2017 IDE facility :)

Saturday, June 3, 2017 10:53 PM
  • That is interesting, I used it for one of the other products and it started off a report with no issue. It is just Visual Studio that does it.

Well, that will teach me for assuming that clicking something will always do the same thing.

Sunday, June 4, 2017 8:28 AM
  • That is interesting, I used it for one of the other products and it started off a report with no issue. It is just Visual Studio that does it.

Yes, that's what I found too.

Well, that will teach me for assuming that clicking something will always do the same thing.

No problem, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Dave

Sunday, June 4, 2017 2:10 PM