CRM 2011 dynamic Marketing list filter not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks

I am trying to set up a dynamic Marketing list but it does not appear to recognise a third level filter.  I am working with the Contact entity that is associated with a custom entity RoomAllocations that is associated with another custom entity Room.  The filters I place on Contact and RoomAllocations are both being recognised but the filter on Room is not being picked up.  It works fine as an Advanced Find query so I know the construct is OK.  Is there a known restriction in this area for dynamic Marketing lists?

Thanks

David
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 11:56 AM

Answers

• It looks like the fix for this issue is targeted at Update Rollup 6 which should be out early 2012.  I use the term targeted because there could always be something that comes up that prevents a particular fix from being included in an Update release.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Hi Pablo,

Nice catching up with you in the forums.

Hi Pablo,

I believe the issue was identified as resolved in UR 6. I think it is related to these two issues: 

• When you create a dynamic marketing list by using a filter, and the filter includes a lookup field that represents an N:N relationship with a custom entity, the filter does not change the marketing list that you create.
    • Saved queries do not return data to dynamic marketing lists.  

You'll want to test this in non-production environment first. 

Best Always,

Regards, Donna

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:11 AM
  • Hi Dear Donna, just tested and you are right. It seems this bug has been fixed :).

When refreshing member list within a dynamic marketing list, results seems to be fine now after some tries.

Thank you. Hope this helps to everybody here.

PP

Microsoft MVP Dynamics CRM | My Twitter: http://twitter.com/pabloperalta | My blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/pabloperalta | Blog en Español: http://wwww.elblogdedynamicscrm.com

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:11 PM

All replies

• I did not tried it but have a look this applies to your scenario. Then it is a known issue.

Behavior of a dynamic marketing list that has no query

If a distribution job, such as a quick campaign, is run on a dynamic marketing list that does not have a query specified, the job creates activities for all records of the member type that is specified in the marketing list. For example, if the member type selected in the marketing list is Account, the distribution job creates activities for all account records that the current user has access to.

This behavior applies to the following distribution jobs:

• Quick campaign
    • Mail Merge on a dynamic marketing list
    • Campaign activity with the channel Letter via Mail Merge, Fax via Mail Merge, or E-mail via Mail Merge. A campaign activity with channels other than these works fine.

To work around this, do the following:

1. In the campaign record, under Marketing, click Target Marketing Lists, and identify the dynamic marketing list that does not have a query specified.
    2. Remove this marketing list from the list of target marketing lists or specify a query in the dynamic marketing list to retrieve the required records.

I hope this helps.

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney,Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:33 PM
  • Thank you for your response Amreek

My list does have an associated query so I don't think the scenario above applies.

The query works in Advanced Find.  The problem I have is that the same query only works to 2 levels when associated with the marketing list.  It recognises the direct filters on the Contact entity and the filters on the Room Allocation entity (associated with the Contact) but not on the Room entity which is associated with the Room Allocation record.

David
    Thursday, October 6, 2011 12:54 PM
  • Hi David,

I saw some interesting behavior today with regard to Dynamic Marketing List and am wondering if this might be affecting you.  Using the Advanced Find query, can you add a filter that excludes records that do not have an e-mail address.  See if you get any records returned when you add that filter criteria at the Contact level i.e. "E-mail (Contact) does not contain data"

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:43 PM
  • Hi

I experienced that dynamic marketing lists do not behave as I expect if used in conjunction with a n:n related entity.

My Setup:

Created a new Entity   'MarketingAttribute'
    Created a new n:n relation Contact to MarketingAttribute

Added new MarketingAttribute item:   Attribute 1
    Added new MarketingAttribute item:   :   Attribute 2

Add new contact item:       Contact 1
    Add
    new contact item:       Contact 2

Assigned   Contact 1   to  Attribute 1
    Assigned   Contact 1   to  Attribute 2
    Assigned   Contact 2   to  Attribute 2

Created new dynamic marketing list containing all contacts with relation to Attribute 1:
    In Manage Members selected Related MarketingAttribute and use MarketingAttribute equals  Attribute 1’.

Doing this in the Manage Members window and pressing the Find button I get the expected result :

Contact 1

But by pressing the Use Query button the result list looks like this:

Contact 1
    Contact 1
    Contact 2

It seems that the query ignores the filtering condition. (The fechXML query stored in the database on the created list record is correct)

(Rollup 4  installed).

Has anybody experienced the same or am I doing something wrong?

R.eto Scherre.r

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:04 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem, hence why I have found your post. When constructing the Query, you have two options: "Use Query" of "Find" - clicking on Find shows the desired results, however, clicking on Use Query doesnt add the users to my list. I have made sure that my list is very small, such that I know its not working in the background trying to grab all the results and taking a long time about it. 

Would be interested to know if this is just a training issue, or a known issue that needs some attention? 

Thanks

Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:12 PM
  • So, after having a little mess around with it, it wont show you the members but you have to trust they are there. Best method to use to test this, is to create a quick campaign and select that marketing list. Then check the responses, e.g. how many phone calls were set up etc. 

Thanks

Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:25 PM
  • Hi Donna

Thanks for your response.  Not sure I understand what you mean.  My problem is that I am getting too many records returned.  There are 178 contact records that match the first 2 levels of my Query (Contact and Room Allocation entities).  When I add the third level (Room entity) the filter is recognised if I click on 'Find' I correctly get the 4 records I am expecting but when I click on 'Use Query' the whole 178 are returned to the Marketing List.

David
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:45 PM
  • Not sure I understand.  If you do not select 'Use Query' how do you manage to save the Dynamics List?
    David
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:47 PM
  • " if I click on 'Find' I correctly get the 4 records I am expecting but when I click on 'Use Query' the whole 178 are returned to the Marketing List."

That is the issue I am seeing as well.  When I select Find, the record set I see is what is expected.  When I select Use Query, the members I see in the Marketing List do not match the members I see when I select the Find button when I am in the Manage Members dialog window. 

I have a support case open with Microsoft and they are researching the issue.  I will update the case when I hear back.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:13 PM
  • I'm not sure where else I can look.  When I select Manage Members and create the query for the list, if I click 'Find' I get what I expect.  When I then return to the Query and select 'Use Query' a different set of records is returned to the marketing list.

With regards to your problem, if you select 'Find' when you are constructing the Query do you get members returned?  Is it only when you select 'Use Query'  that no members are returned?  Just wondering if we might be both looking at the same problem area just from opposite sides?

David
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:27 PM
  • I think we are seeing the same issue.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Thanks Donna, please let me know when you get feedback from Microsoft.
    David
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 5:19 PM
  • You're welcome, will do.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, October 20, 2011 6:58 PM
  • Hi Donna & David

I have been having the same problem since last week and thought it might just be our system but it appears not.

When clicking 'Find' it returns the expected contacts but when I hit 'Use Query' it adds FAR to many members to the group.

Just wondering if you have found a solution to the problem, or heard back from Microsoft yet?

Many thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:37 AM
  • Microsoft is currently investigating this as a potential issue that might require a hot fix or update to correct.  This investigation might take some time before I have any more information to share.  I hope this helps.  In the meantime, you can create a static list as a workaround.  I understand this is cumbersome if your list members change frequently.

Regards, Donna

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:20 PM
  • As a matter of interest, how many layers of filter do you have in the query?  Mine works fine for the first 2, as in Entity1 has a relationship with Entity2, just ignores the second relationship, Entity2 to Entity3.
    David
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:46 AM
  • Hi Donna, thanks for the help. I am using static list's at the moment but I was just wanting to move over to dynamic lists for the obvious added benefits.

David, I have just tested a bit and it does seem that the first related field works fine for the query, and as you say, Entity3 is not recognised when you select 'Use Query'.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:35 AM
  • Hello, I am currently creating documentation to go live on our On Premise CRM 2011. While creating a dynamic marketing list and adding members I noticed some very strange behavior.

1.) I created an advanced find and saved it: Advanced Find is as follows

Find: Contacts

where contacts are active

Related To accounts

where relationship type= partners

where accounts are active

Related To marketing list

where ML name does not  = unsubscribe

Related To Owning Business Unit 

where business unit = US

RETURNS 3038 records

2.) Created a Marketing List = Dynamic

3.) Added Members based on the save query above

4.) Marketing List Member associated View total members = 6080

5.) Change View in Marketing List to "saved view build from query above" total members = 238

6.) System Admin Security Role.

Can anyone explain this and I will gladly provide pictures if needed!

Thanks 

Patrick Kitchell

den_mark_98

CRM Manager Sitecore
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 1:54 PM
  • There appears to be an issue related to Dynamic Marketing Lists.  They don't appear to be working as expected.  I am merging this post with the other open post that describes the issue.  Microsoft Support is currently looking at the issue.

Regards, Donna

Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:41 PM
  • Donna,

Thanks for the reply and the merge...I notices something else just to add to the complexity to the problem IF when I use the saved view when managing the members in a dynamic ML and click "find" instead of " Use Query".  I get a generic sql error. If I removed the following: Related To marketing list where ML name does not  = unsubscribe then it works fine(the search)

Info from the error is listed below:

Microsoft® CRM - Debug Information

Server Information:

DescriptionValue:

Server OS Version:6.1.7601.65536

Server URT Version:4.0.30319.239

Server Name:VS4CRM2011

Application Install Path:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\

Configuration Database Information

Data Source:vs2sql

Initial Catalog:MSCRM_CONFIG

Connection Timeout:60

Integrated Security:SSPI

Database Information

Data Source:vs2sql

Initial Catalog:Sitecore_MSCRM

Integrated Security:SSPI

Web.Config Settings

Show Developer Level Errors:On

App Mode Enabled:False

Help Catalog Name:Microsoft CRM Help

Component Version Numbers

Application Components:5.0.9688.1450

User Interface Components:5.0.9688.1450

Platform Components:5.0.9688.1450

Resource (Strings) Components:5.0.9688.1450

Client Information:

DescriptionValue:

Browser Version:IE 9.0

User Agent Info:Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)

CPU Class:x86

Cookies Enabled:true

Platform Info:Win32

Screen Resolution:1920x1080

Screen Bit Depth:32-bit

User Information:

DescriptionValue:

NT Domain Name:DK\PEK

Business Name:Sitecore

Domain Name:DK\PEK

User Name:PEK

Organization ID:{CEDD29C2-DDDE-E011-B020-00155D282115}

Business Unit ID:{168936C9-363A-DF11-9A3A-00155D28151F}

User ID:{8BAF4ED1-7B8D-DF11-8AC9-00155D281428}

----------------------------------

Microsoft CRM Error Report:

Error Description:

Generic SQL error.

Error Details:

Generic SQL error.

Full Stack:

[CrmException: Generic SQL error.]

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.RetrieveMultipleCommand.Execute()

at Microsoft.Crm.ApplicationQuery.RetrieveMultipleCommand.RetrieveData()

at Microsoft.Crm.ApplicationQuery.ExecuteQuery()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Grid.GridDataProviderQueryBuilder.LoadQueryData()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Grid.GridDataProviderQueryBuilder.LoadData()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.GridUIProvider.PrepareGridData()

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.GridUIProvider.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.RenderData(HtmlTextWriter output)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.RenderInnerHtml(HtmlTextWriter output)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.Render(HtmlTextWriter output)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]

at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Other Message:

Error Number:

0x80044150

Source File:

Not available

Line Number:

Not available

Error Trace:

Date: 10-27-2011

Time: 12:19:12

Server: vs4crm2011.crm5test.sitecore.net

Request URL:

https://vs4crm2011.crm5test.sitecore.net/Sitecore/AdvancedFind/fetchData.aspx?InvokeType=lqUseQuery&ListId=%7b13E7F01D-9800-E111-9E36-00155D282116%7d&ListMemberType=2&dispActions=false

----------------------------------

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Generic SQL error. 

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Generic SQL error.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace: 

[CrmException: Generic SQL error.]

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.PlatformCommand.XrmExecuteInternal() +1629

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.ServiceCommands.RetrieveMultipleCommand.Execute() +21

Microsoft.Crm.RetrieveMultipleCommand.RetrieveData() +136

Microsoft.Crm.ApplicationQuery.ExecuteQuery() +25

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Grid.GridDataProviderQueryBuilder.LoadQueryData() +749

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Grid.GridDataProviderQueryBuilder.LoadData() +16

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.GridUIProvider.PrepareGridData() +940

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.GridUIProvider.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +1033

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.RenderData(HtmlTextWriter output) +587

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.RenderInnerHtml(HtmlTextWriter output) +195

Microsoft.Crm.Application.Components.UI.Grid.DataGrid.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +398

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +246

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48

System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +246

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +61

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +48

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +61

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTableRow.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +61

System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlTable.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +61

System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5290

CRM Manager Sitecore
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 7:24 PM
  • Hi Reto...

I am having a similar problem:

I create a new list....specify as Dynamic, give it a name, select entity...Save

Click on Manage Members, set up criteria, test...looks good - 400 records, select Use Query

When I go back into the list, the default view is Contact Associated View with 5000+ records.

I clicked on Manage members, and it shows me my criteria...click use query.....it refreshes the list of members....and displays Contact Associated View with 5000+ records.

Have you found anything out on your issue?

Voni

Voni Garrett
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:09 PM
  • Hi Donna,

I am having a similar problem with marketing lists..

I create a new list....specify as Dynamic, give it a name, select entity...Save

Click on Manage Members, set up criteria, test...looks good - 400 records, select Use Query

When I go back into the list, the default view is Contact Associated View with 5000+ records.

I clicked on Manage members, and it shows me my criteria...click use query.....it refreshes the list of members....and displays Contact Associated View with 5000+ records.

Hopefully there will be a resolution soon....the Marketing department is looking forward to using Dynamic lists.

Have a great day!

Voni

Voni Garrett
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 9:20 PM
  • Hi Voni

thank you for your response.

I'm going to open a Microsoft support ticket. I'll post as soon I've got news.

Reto

R.eto Scherre.r
    Friday, November 4, 2011 10:34 AM
  • Hello Reto,

I received a response on another entry...maybe it will help....

Create a new list....specify as Dynamic, give it a name, select entity Contact...Save

Click on Manage Members, set up criteria, test...verify the records returned, select Use Query

Save or Save and close

go back into the list, the default view will be Contact Associated View with records returned from specifie query.

This worked on our environment. 

Happy Friday!

Voni

Voni Garrett
    Friday, November 4, 2011 1:20 PM
  • I'm hoping for a quick resolution as well Voni.  Have a great week!

Regards, Donna

Monday, November 7, 2011 2:19 PM
  • Hi Voni

You describe exactly what I do. But I end up having 5000+ recrods in my list, even my criteria is designed to return just 2 records.

If I use an 1:n related entity it works, but not with n:n.

Reto

(Rollup 5: no change)

R.eto Scherre.r
    Monday, November 7, 2011 4:42 PM
  • Hey,

I created a dynamic marketing list with the following filters:

When I select "Find" I get the expected result. However once I select "Use Query" and then check the list members it contains some contacts multiple times. These duplicated contacts only exist once in CRM and if clicked on open the same contact.

Any ideas?? Bug maybe?

I would really love to get this working as a dynamic list so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:27 PM
  • ANY NEWS ON THIS ISSUE?
    Patrick Kitchell MS Business Professional CRM Manager
    Friday, November 25, 2011 10:50 AM
  • I'm still working on this and getting some varied information but I'll share what I have at this point.  You'll need to understand that this could change but it should give you a few thigs to try.

The current information I have is that if you create a dynamic list and don't use a system or previously saved view, but instead build the query by selecting the filter criteria then the list should work as expected eventhough the records you see when you select the Find button might not match the records you see when you select the Members List link from the left navigation menu.

Another option you can use is to create your dynamic Marketing List and then use the Save as Static List option to save the result set as a Static List and use that.

I've heard that Microsoft is working on a hotfix but have no information when it might be released.

I believe these are the options we have for now.  Microsoft has acknowledged that this is an issue that requires a fix to resolve.  I hope this helps.

Regards, Donna

Friday, November 25, 2011 2:33 PM
  • Hi

Microsoft support reported this as an issue which will be resolved in Rollup 6.

R.eto Scherre.r
    Monday, November 28, 2011 5:40 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

This seems to be a bug to me.  I have read different  books stating the same thing: Marketing Lists Members cannot be added more than once.

Just, take a look to this link: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/operating-systems-and-server-administration/microsoft-dynamics-crm/9780735659445/using-marketing-lists/158

Tip: Microsoft Dynamics CRM will not add duplicate members to a list. If your query re-
    sults contain a record that already exists in the marketing list, Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    will ignore the duplicate record.

Regards,

Frank

Frank Hernández | http://www.elblogcrm.com/http://www.twitter.com/ElBlogCRM | http://www.facebook.com/ElBlogCRM

If you consider this post as helpful please Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer. Thanks you!

Si usted considera esta respuesta como útil por favor márquela como Útil y/o márquela como Respuesta. Gracias!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:27 AM
  • Since not all contacts were duplicated... I would try keeping the query simply to status = active and see if that makes any difference...

Sam

Web: http://www.inogic.com
    Blog: http://inogic.blogspot.com
    Email: news@inogic.com
    If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:49 AM
  • Hey Guys,

Thanks for your ideas.

Frank - Yes this does look like a bug doesnt it. None of our other lists have this issue so it must be a combination of the filters that I am using which is causing the issue. Very odd though. The link you posted didn't work, would you mind reposting?

Sam - All other marketing lists do not have this issue so I think it must be related to the filters I am using in this instance.

Thanks,

Andrew

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:12 PM
  • Just to qualify a bit, it is currently scheduled to be resolved in UR 6 unless something unexpected surfaces that prevents the fix from inclusion.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:48 PM
  • I believe this might be related to what appears to be a similar issues so I'm merging all the threads.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:49 PM
  • same as http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crm/thread/33b9853e-8dc5-458a-b5e9-a4002058c391.  I wrote a blog article (german) about this bug http://carstengroth.wordpress.com/2011/11/28/microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-dynamic-marketinglist-bug/
    Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:54 PM
  • It looks like the fix for this issue is targeted at Update Rollup 6 which should be out early 2012.  I use the term targeted because there could always be something that comes up that prevents a particular fix from being included in an Update release.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:56 PM
  • Good work on chasing this down Donna!
    Follow Workopia on Twitter

Good CRM Links: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm
    My CRM Blog: http://mscrmonline.wordpress.com

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Hey Guys,

Thanks for your ideas.

Frank - Yes this does look like a bug doesnt it. None of our other lists have this issue so it must be a combination of the filters that I am using which is causing the issue. Very odd though. The link you posted didn't work, would you mind reposting?

Sam - All other marketing lists do not have this issue so I think it must be related to the filters I am using in this instance.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Here is the link again: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/operating-systems-and-server-administration/microsoft-dynamics-crm/9780735659445/using-marketing-lists/158

Regards,

Frank

Frank Hernández | http://www.elblogcrm.com/http://www.twitter.com/ElBlogCRM | http://www.facebook.com/ElBlogCRM

If you consider this post as helpful please Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer. Thanks you!

Si usted considera esta respuesta como útil por favor márquela como Útil y/o márquela como Respuesta. Gracias!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:00 PM
  • Thanks for the update Donna
    David
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:17 PM
  • Thanks Frank, it did have its challenges ;) 

Also, thanks for all the work you do in the forums.  You are one of a few Moderators who go through posts and Mark them as answered.  I really appreciate that and hope more Moderators get comfortable with taking that step.  Best Always!

You're welcome David! 

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:49 PM
  • Donna,

Thanks for all the hard work and I hope you understand when I say that I will believe it when I see it :-)

Do you know what else is in RU 6 as Outlook <>CRM needs some serious work.

Sincerely,

Patrick Kitchell

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:39 PM
  • I don't have any additional information about the Update Release Patrick.  I'm not sure what other serious issues you're experiencing but it is possible that there might be a solution for some or many of them.

Regards, Donna

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:56 PM
  • I hope so, I have created a case with Microsoft today as the outlook <> CRM working is business critical and it just doesn't perform...

---keep up the good work!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:30 PM
  • Hi Donna,

Saving as static seems to work fine. Wow... 

I am reading KB article for RU 6 and I get the impression this issue is not solved yet with this RU. 
    Am I right? Am I missing something?
    Look forward to your comments,
    PP 

Microsoft MVP Dynamics CRM | My Twitter: http://twitter.com/pabloperalta | My blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/pabloperalta | Blog en Español: http://wwww.elblogdedynamicscrm.com
    Friday, January 20, 2012 11:36 PM
  • Hi Pablo,

Nice catching up with you in the forums.

Hi Pablo,

I believe the issue was identified as resolved in UR 6. I think it is related to these two issues: 

• When you create a dynamic marketing list by using a filter, and the filter includes a lookup field that represents an N:N relationship with a custom entity, the filter does not change the marketing list that you create.
    • Saved queries do not return data to dynamic marketing lists.  

You'll want to test this in non-production environment first. 

Best Always,

Regards, Donna

Saturday, January 21, 2012 12:11 AM
  • Hi Dear Donna, just tested and you are right. It seems this bug has been fixed :).

When refreshing member list within a dynamic marketing list, results seems to be fine now after some tries.

Thank you. Hope this helps to everybody here.

PP

Friday, February 17, 2012 7:11 PM