"Installation cannot continue".... RRS feed

• Question

• I get thru the "Choose Language" window, the "I Accept" window and then when the dowload progress window appears it goes straight to an error window...

"Installation cannot continue due to an unknown error"

Error ID 0002-8007007B

Any suggestions?

TIA

AMD 64X2 6000+

2 Gb RAM

Vista Business O/S

Thursday, July 12, 2007 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve...a quick update. I deleted the onecaresetup.exe from the desktop and then ran the Remove OneCare tool then rebooted and went back to the invitation Email and started all over. I was able to download and install without a problem, but now it says my subscription will expire in 19 days....I didn't know the Beta 2.0 would override and default to my old subscription....LOL.

I guess I'll see if I get dumped in 19 days....oh well......

Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:20 AM

All replies

• That sounds like a bad download. The error means that the installer failed to initialize. Is Vista x64 or 32 bit? Any other a/v, firewall, or security software installed?

-steve

Friday, July 13, 2007 10:55 PM
  • Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply. I have Vista 32 bit and am running AVG Free 7.5 AV (I also tried the download/install with it disabled but that didn't work either). I did run FixCompleteInst.exe patch from the WLOC Help>FAQ page...maybe that screwed things up?......I don't see it in progs>add/remove, and don't know what it affects.Any thoughts appreciated!Cheers,John
    Friday, July 13, 2007 11:17 PM
  • Hi Steve...a quick update. I deleted the onecaresetup.exe from the desktop and then ran the Remove OneCare tool then rebooted and went back to the invitation Email and started all over. I was able to download and install without a problem, but now it says my subscription will expire in 19 days....I didn't know the Beta 2.0 would override and default to my old subscription....LOL.

I guess I'll see if I get dumped in 19 days....oh well......

Saturday, July 14, 2007 12:20 AM
  • Did you activate with your subcription LiveID?

If so, it will expire normally and you'll need to renew. I wasn't aware that you could activate with the subscription ID, though. That *may* be a glitch, if so.

-steve

Sunday, July 15, 2007 1:25 AM
  • Hi Steve, Yes, I used a current ID...(should have created a new one I guess). I'll see what happens, maybe uninstall, use the removal tool and try again,

Thanks for the help,

John

Sunday, July 15, 2007 6:15 PM
  • I'd leave it be for now. I was told that you would not be able to activate with a current subscription LiveID, but that was apparently wrong. When your subscription is up for renewal, you can renew at http://billing.microsoft.com.

-steve

Monday, July 16, 2007 12:00 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Thanks for the link to billing. The one that is going to expire is the free one year from the Beta 1.
    I have another acct for the current paid version that is good until Feb 2008. I guess I'll see what happens when the Beta 1 trial expires...I guess the Beta 2 ID got linked to that subscription, as it is the same LiveID on both accts...... are you confused???...I am....LOL

Thanks,

John
    Monday, July 16, 2007 2:55 AM
  • I do believe I understand. :-)

You have two accounts on one LiveID. Inside OneCare 2.0 the susbcription shows as about to expire as it is linked to your subscription from the 1.x beta. You have a paid account on the same LiveID, but OneCare 2.0 is not "seeing" that account. I think that is actually what should be happening. Worst case scenario, when OneCare announces it has expired, uninstall and reinstall without activating.

-steve

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:23 PM
  • Thanks, I suspect that what has happened. I"ll do as you suggest and see what happens!

Best,

John
    Monday, July 16, 2007 8:06 PM