locked
Incorrect organization name passed to dashboard html webresources by CRM after installing rollup 12 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,


    I have created a dashboard that hosts a HTML web resource that in turn hosts a SL web resource. The SL control uses org name from the query string that gets passed by CRM to the HTML web resource. But the moment I upgraded to rollup 12, Crm is passing in incorrect orgname in the URL and throws bellow error message.

    Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: System.Web.HttpException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #C911F4A3Detail: <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/xrm/2011/Contracts"> <ErrorCode>-2147220970</ErrorCode> <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/System.Collections.Generic" /> <Message>System.Web.HttpException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #C911F4A3</Message> <Timestamp>2013-03-11T03:09:22.664723Z</Timestamp> <InnerFault i:nil="true" /> <TraceText i:nil="true" /> </OrganizationServiceFault> The file '/IncorrectOrgName/Handlers/WebResource.ashx' does not exist.Not availableNot availableThe file '/org5/Handlers/WebResource.ashx' does not exist.https://taskerdevcrm3.dcs.avanade.com/org5/Handlers/WebResource.ashx?name=new_/UI/Pages/DashboardItemDetails.htm/org5/Handlers/WebResource.ashx?name=new_/UI/Pages/DashboardItemDetails.htm ASHX_XML


    For example: I am on org10 and on the dashboard with issue the URL that comes up on the HTML web resource is org5, which was created and removed over a year ago. All the users are facing this issue. Even the users that were created for the very first time in org10, which means not a question of default org. I checked the database and every user has org10 as their default org. There is no trace of org5 anywhere. I have rebooted the server, done IISRESET, deleted temporary internet files, deleted temporary ASP.NET files on the server. But nothing has solved this issue.


    Any thoughts, has any one else faced this issue, is this a known issue and a workaround provided by Microsoft?


    [Update] I did search all tables all columns query in the MSCRM_CONFIG database for the incorrect orgname that gets passed by CRM to my dashboard html web resources, and could not find any records. I did get results when I searched for existing orgs. This just got really weird.

    [Update 2] If I keep the IE window open, recycle my app pool, come back to my IE and do a refresh it works. However, if I open a new IE session, Crm passes in incorrect org name.


    This happened again today. When I uninstall Rollup 12, proper Org name is passed to the HTML web resource. Then I installed rollup 13 and same issue resurfaced.

    Thanks.

    Ahmad.

    • Edited by Ahmad Pirani Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:44 PM issue reappeared
    Monday, March 11, 2013 5:38 PM