none
Lost/faded COA sticker problem

Question

• what if i lost my coa slip sticker... not totaly lost but the sticker fade and the coa slip can't be readable how can i activate it using the oem slip.. pls help.. my netbook is Eee pc 1005ha??

Friday, October 12, 2012 10:09 AM

Answers

• Reinstalling from the manufacturer's Recovery media doesn't normally require any Key to be input.

Your problem is that for some reason, the system is unable to properly read the SLIC table in the BIOS, which is required to be able to self-activate the OEM_SLP Key with which the computer came installed.

The normal solution is to change the Key to the one on your COA sticker - but you say that you are unable to read the Key there.

In such circumstances, the only things you can do are

1) recreate the Licensing Store - in case it's a minor software problem causing the misread

2) try updating the BIOS to the latest available Vista-compliant one, from the manufacturer's website

3) Contact the manufacturer direct, and see if they can provide assistance to correct the SLIC table

4) a reformat and reinstall using the manufacturer's recovery media

5) purchase a new license for Windows (or a new computer)   

If you want proper analysis, please post an MGADiag report

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
    (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
     Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
     To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Sunday, October 14, 2012 11:06 AM