Can any company become a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and received the benefits? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm wondering if any company, say a developer of an online software service for students, can have their team earn the necessary requirements to become a Gold Certified Partner, or is this only limited to ISVs and consulting type companies? Can any company who wants to go through the process of earning competencies/recommendations/etc. get Gold Certified and participate in the software benefits?

I like the idea of having our team become educated with MS technologies and earn the competencies, but would also be great if we could get the software benefits of doing so.

Thanks!

Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes any company can become a Gold Partner as long as they meet the requirements.  Please review the material located on the Microsoft Partner Portal https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/hk/pages/membership/overview.aspx

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Saturday, May 12, 2012 10:33 AM
  • Thanks Mr. Wharty! 

So just so I'm clear, there is no requirements on the line of business? So a company that tutors students online using a platform built on the MS stack could become a gold certified partner and get access to the valuable MSDN subscription licenses that come along with that (assuming this company earned the necessary points)?

I see in the Partner Network "Join" page, the terms and conditions only say that: 

"To qualify for the MPN Community, a business must sell more than 75 percent of its IT solutions and services to independent third parties"

Would creating a tutoring service for students online, mean that we are selling services students (aka independent third parties) and therefore qualify based on this wording?

Saturday, May 12, 2012 9:56 PM
  • If you charge for the service then yes.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:13 PM