Outlook email tracked in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• We are on CRM 2011 IFD. When a domain user who is not a CRM user, and do not have CRM Outlook client in Outlook sends an internal email, it is being tracked in CRM with regarding set to none and related records set to CRM Users to whom the email is addressed.  The CRM users has outlook client with the following setting in the personal option - under the email tab - track "EMail Messages in Response to CRM EMail"

Thanks

• Edited by Maduvanti Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:47 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hello again Maduvanti,

To work as expected, CRM wants all employees to be users in some capacity. In my experience, employees that are non-users will be treated as contacts.

The workaround I've done on this is to: (1) have every user deselect the create contacts box [or just make the update in SQL with the go-ahead of your customer], (2) delete email messages send to the non-user employees, (3) remove the email address of the non-user employee from their contact record but keep the record itself, and (4) look for users that also have contact records and put a bogus email address in their contact record so future messages aren't tracked.

Regards,

M

• Edited by M. Jaxon Friday, April 13, 2012 6:17 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Maduvanti Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:00 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Maduvanti,

Can you post pictures of the recipents' Personal Options, E-mail tab? In the interim, a few questions:

• Is the email address of the domain user being used to send emails via workflow?
    • Is the domain user's email listed in the system as a Contact?

Regards,

M

Thursday, April 5, 2012 3:24 PM
  • Hi Maduvanti,

Can you please clarify the scenario a further more? From what I understand, a non-crm user is sending email to the crm user. The Crm user is seeing the email as tracked and his email tab setting is track "EMail Messages in Response to CRM EMail"?

Few questions:

1. Is the CRM user seeing every new email as tracked that he is getting from the non-crm user?

2. Or is the CRM user seeing only the emails which have a token (like CRM:0320003 in the subject) as tracked?

Regards

Ruchi

Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:47 PM
  • Thanks M.  I do see that the domain user is listed as a contact in CRM.  But the email address of the domain user is not being used in any workflow to send emails.
    • Edited by Maduvanti Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:54 PM
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:43 PM
  • Thanks Ruchi.  It is every mail coming from the non crm user.
    Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:50 PM
  • you don't have the email router configured do you?

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Thursday, April 5, 2012 7:59 PM
  • Hello again Maduvanti,

To work as expected, CRM wants all employees to be users in some capacity. In my experience, employees that are non-users will be treated as contacts.

The workaround I've done on this is to: (1) have every user deselect the create contacts box [or just make the update in SQL with the go-ahead of your customer], (2) delete email messages send to the non-user employees, (3) remove the email address of the non-user employee from their contact record but keep the record itself, and (4) look for users that also have contact records and put a bogus email address in their contact record so future messages aren't tracked.

Regards,

M

• Edited by M. Jaxon Friday, April 13, 2012 6:17 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Maduvanti Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:00 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2012 6:16 PM
  • Thanks M..
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:00 PM