CRM 4.0 disabled after resintallation (domain migration) RRS feed

• Question

• We had a domain migration for one of the server which had CRM 4.0 installed. After the migration was done, CRM 4.0 was reinstalled with all the database backups restored and the resgistration was also done successfully. But after that, CRM has kind of become disabled.

I mean once I open up CRM, I can see everything, but when I click on any link, be it any entity or section (workplace, sales, service, etc) nothing happens. It did work for one of the users of CRM for sometime (without any condition) and later it stopped working for that user as well. One thing to mention here is the user was not a domain user.

Can anyone help me out here on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• I understand that you mapped all your users to the new domain.

The none domain user that accesses the system had a popup asking for username&password before he saw the redeployed system?

Did you work with a domain account?

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:17 AM
  • Hi Kosta, here's what was done:

1. CRM was re-installed using a domain user having full admin rights.

2. Next, the Org was imported

3. CRM registration was done.

4. A normal user (not the one which was used for installation, etc.) belonging to the org accessed the CRM for sometime before he was locked out and was unable to click anything.

5. None of the users are able to click anything anywhere in CRM.

Note : I opened up Fiddler and tried accessing the CRM, so all processes would be captured. I found all the controls, scripts, pages were mentioned as "access denied".

Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:17 AM
  • 2 questions:

CRM was reinstalled on the same machine after the SERVER was joined to a new domain?

By the screen shot i understand that the CRM IIS works and loads the needed data, something is wrong with user configuration.

Did you manage to work on the redeployed system with any user?

Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:08 AM
  • Hi Kosta,

CRM was reinstalled on the same machine after the SERVER was joined to a new domain? - Yes, CRM was reinstalled in the same machine after SERVER was migrated to the new domain.

Did you manage to work on the redeployed system with any user? - Yes, it did work for a few minutes for a normal user after the registration was done, belonging to the imported Org, and then it became disabled for him as well. All other users, irrespective of any role, are unable to click anything in CRM.

Is there anything else that needs to be done after registration is completed, to enable the system? The strange thing is when I open up http://crmservername/Tools/Registration/registrationReminder.aspx ; it shows "28 days left to activate CRM....etc." I am sure the registration was carried out successfully.Thanks.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 11:23 AM
  • The only way you managed to "work" on the CRM for a few moments is that both of the domains are alive in the same network.

Please redeploy (not reinstall) the CRM environment and the SQL server.

When redeploying, make sure the user mapping (in the wizard) finds all of your users.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 1:35 PM
  • Hi Kosta,

I am attaching screenshots for the user mapping part.

Also, one more thing was noticed. When it was attempted to connect to the CRM discovery service using the Plugin Registration tool, the 401 Unauthorized access was encountered with the user which was used to install CRM and do other necessary tasks. The user had full admin rights. So, in short, the CRM discovery service is also giving an unauthorized access error.

This might help you identify the problem in some way.

Thursday, November 1, 2012 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

This must be IIS issue or SPN issue.

Please check these.

Regards,

Khaja Mohiddin
    http://www.crmclub.co
    http://about.me/KhajaMohiddin

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:04 PM