none
Windows 7 says not genuie/blocked product key? RRS feed

• Question

• What is going on with my windows 7 all of the suddon today it is showing the black screen with windows not genuie and when I contact MS after giving them the 3rd set of installing numbers the phone will hang up on me?
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:06 AM

Answers

• From your MGA Report:

Windows Product ID: 00426-067-9219491-86221

Unfortunately, the Windows 7 Ultimate edition license installed was pirated from a "not-for-resale" MSDN Subscription license.  Contact the seller and demand a refund!  You can purchase a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate license from the Microsoft Store.  You'll need a "Full Version".

More info: Blocked Keys

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:16 AM
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:44 AM
  • "DQuan8" wrote in message news:d431f695-4ef8-47c2-b874-218271aa0072...
    Bummer how come I was not notified untill today about this problem? So I have to pay another $200 for a new key? I not sure I could get a refund I bought it long time ago.

Here's my standard spiel on the time-delays involved in tagging abused keys....

For MSDN Keys:-

MS can only act once a key hits a threshold (and they won't tell an outsider what that threshold is, understandably). They then have to put it through internal systems to ensure that all relevant parties are informed, just in case it's an oversight - then it enters the queue for the next update to the system. I have no idea how often the WAT checking system is updated, but I would suspect that it's no more than weekly because of admin and timing issues. The internal MS processes could therefore take easily a couple of weeks.
    It therefore depends on how close to the end of a vendors sales list you are, and how quickly he's selling them.
    The cannier ones will sell just enough to stay under the threshold for each product (MSDN subs include a huge number of products), until they've maximised the profits, then try and flood the market before disappearing into the sunset, laden with your cash. This could take anything up to a year or more.

For products sold using a loader:-
    The loader gets around online activation by fooling the computer into thinking that the OS is installed onto the correct machine, by modifying certain files. Because of a number of factors, it's impossible to stop this, so MS came up with the WAT update - which has the ability to scan the relevant files, and detect the use of a loader tool. If the user fully updates the machine, including recommended updates and optional updates, then the WAT update is installed and starts work, and within 3 days, a loader-installed machine will get a notification. However, the WAT update is a voluntary one, at least at the first update run, and can be uninstalled, or refused
    The other time the WAT update is installed, is when you validate Windows for some reason - it is part of the validation process, rather than the activation process. this time, it does the scan immediately, and again this will show as non-genuine if a Loader is present.
    If a user never needs/wants to validate, then they need never install the WAT update, and may never see a non-genuine notification.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:44 AM
  • "DQuan8" wrote in message news:d431f695-4ef8-47c2-b874-218271aa0072 ...
    Bummer how come I was not notified untill today about this problem? So I have to pay another $200 for a new key? I not sure I could get a refund I bought it long time ago.

MS can only act once a key hits a threshold (and they won't tell an outsider what that threshold is, understandably). They then have to put it through internal systems to ensure that all relevant parties are informed, just in case it's an oversight - then it enters the queue for the next update to the system. I have no idea how often the WAT checking system is updated, but I would suspect that it's no more than weekly because of admin and timing issues. The internal MS processes could therefore take easily a couple of weeks.
    It therefore depends on how close to the end of a vendors sales list you are, and how quickly he's selling them.
    The cannier ones will sell just enough to stay under the threshold for each product (MSDN subs include a huge number of products), until they've maximised the profits, then try and flood the market before disappearing into the sunset, laden with your cash. This could take anything up to a year or more.

The loader gets around online activation by fooling the computer into thinking that the OS is installed onto the correct machine, by modifying certain files. Because of a number of factors, it's impossible to stop this, so MS came up with the WAT update - which has the ability to scan the relevant files, and detect the use of a loader tool. If the user fully updates the machine, including recommended updates and optional updates, then the WAT update is installed and starts work, and within 3 days, a loader-installed machine will get a notification. However, the WAT update is a voluntary one, at least at the first update run, and can be uninstalled, or refused
    The other time the WAT update is installed, is when you validate Windows for some reason - it is part of the validation process, rather than the activation process. this time, it does the scan immediately, and again this will show as non-genuine if a Loader is present.
    If a user never needs/wants to validate, then they need never install the WAT update, and may never see a non-genuine notification.

--

In addition to Noel's explanation, some MSDN subscriptions are being bought using stolen Credit Cards or Credit Card numbers copied from someone's card.  The seller, in these cases, seem to only sell the keys to a few people (so as to not be flagged as abused) and the only way MS knows to block the keys is after the Credit Card gets reported as stolen. This can sometimes take some time if the person who owns the CC doesn't notice the loss of the card or if they don't keep a very close watch on their CC bills.

Darin MS
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:16 AM

All replies

• Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic tool from

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=56062

Open the Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool. Click Run, and then click Continue. The tool will scan your computer, and then give you a summary of your computer's settings and system details that will help someone here diagnose the problem. To copy your results to the Clipboard, click Copy. Paste the report into your reply here.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:08 AM
    Answerer
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0019.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Validation Code: 50

Cached Validation Code: 0xc004c4a2
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-PCG62-H2TD4-6W9R6
    Windows Product Key Hash: ftnmhmvOJ/m64H+Fnj23UI+AROg=
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: {CE2777D7-8FA1-4960-958A-89288D322167}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.42.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows 7 Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000009
    Build lab: 7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{CE2777D7-8FA1-4960-958A-89288D322167}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0019.0</Version><OS>6.1.7600.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-6W9R6</PKey><PID>00426-067-9219491-86221</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-4146253263-736657553-3272313135</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Apple Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>MacBook7,1</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Apple Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>    MB71.88Z.0039.B0B.1006012319</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20100601000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>57B93607018400F8</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
    Software licensing service version: 6.1.7600.16385

Name: Windows(R) 7, Ultimate edition
    Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, RETAIL channel
    Activation ID: a0cde89c-3304-4157-b61c-c8ad785d1fad
    Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
    Extended PID: 00426-00172-067-921949-00-1033-7600.0000-0542011
    Installation ID: 020934276322307703432881782074258845209810960102794920
    Processor Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338
    Machine Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339
    Use License URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341
    Product Key Certificate URL: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340
    Partial Product Key: 6W9R6
    License Status: Notification
    Notification Reason: 0xC004F200 (non-genuine).
    Remaining Windows rearm count: 3
    Trusted time: 2/23/2011 8:14:17 PM

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    HrOffline: 0x00000000
    HrOnline: 0xC004C4A2
    HealthStatus: PASS
    Event Time Stamp: 2:23:2011 17:18
    WAT Activex: Registered
    WAT Admin Service: Registered

HWID Data-->
    HWID Hash Current: MAAAAAEAAgABAAEAAAACAAAAAgABAAEAJJTwMEA5kovqjrDGGOl2J76kpqKQakbK

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes, but no SLIC table
    Windows marker version: N/A
    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: N/A
    BIOS Information:
      ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value
      APIC   APPLE   Apple00
      FACP   APPLE   Apple00
      HPET   APPLE   Apple00
      MCFG   APPLE   Apple00
      APIC   APPLE   Apple00
      ASF!   APPLE   Apple00
      SBST   APPLE   Apple00
      ECDT   APPLE   Apple00
      SSDT   APPLE   Apple
      SSDT   APPLE   Apple
      SSDT   APPLE   Apple
      SSDT   APPLE   Apple

Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:26 AM
  • From your MGA Report:

Unfortunately, the Windows 7 Ultimate edition license installed was pirated from a "not-for-resale" MSDN Subscription license.  Contact the seller and demand a refund!  You can purchase a genuine Windows 7 Ultimate license from the Microsoft Store.  You'll need a "Full Version".

More info: Blocked Keys

Carey Frisch
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:44 AM
  • Bummer how come I was not notified untill today about this problem? So I have to pay another $200 for a new key? I not sure I could get a refund I bought it long time ago.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:48 AM
  • "DQuan8" wrote in message news:d431f695-4ef8-47c2-b874-218271aa0072...

--

Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:44 AM
  • Bummer how come I was not notified untill today about this problem? So I have to pay another $200 for a new key? I not sure I could get a refund I bought it long time ago.

Apparently the seller sold multiple copies of Windows 7 that contained the same MSDN product key.  Sooner or later, Microsoft gets suspicous of excessive, multiple activation requests and begins to investigate.  When it is confirmed that the MSDN product key has been misued, it no longer is genuine and becomes "blocked".
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:56 AM
  • So is there any way microsoft offers an program that will allow us to trade in the bad copy for a legal copy for a reduced fee?
    Friday, February 25, 2011 7:08 PM
  • "DQuan8" wrote in message news:d431f695-4ef8-47c2-b874-218271aa0072 ...

--

In addition to Noel's explanation, some MSDN subscriptions are being bought using stolen Credit Cards or Credit Card numbers copied from someone's card.  The seller, in these cases, seem to only sell the keys to a few people (so as to not be flagged as abused) and the only way MS knows to block the keys is after the Credit Card gets reported as stolen. This can sometimes take some time if the person who owns the CC doesn't notice the loss of the card or if they don't keep a very close watch on their CC bills.

Darin MS
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 3:16 AM
  • Sorry, but no.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 4:49 AM
  • So is there any way microsoft offers an program that will allow us to trade in the bad copy for a legal copy for a reduced fee?

Think about it.  All a person would need to do is find a pirate website where he can get a free bad key and then turn it in to MS to save money on a legal one. 
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, February 26, 2011 12:04 PM
    Answerer