locked
SRS Connection String wrong - prompt asked for RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a 3 server setup - CRM appserver, SRS server and SQL server (all on seperate boxes). I've installed SRS Data Connector on the SRS machine, but the reports won't execute.

     

    I've dug a little deeper.... If I go into the SRS website using a browser i.e. http://SRSServer/ReportServer/Reports and drill down into the CRM reports, I can look at the MSCRM_DataSource entry. On a single machine setup (i.e. CRM SRS SQL all on one box), this data source is correctly set. However on my stand alone SRS machine (which has has SRS data connector installed) the data source is not set correctly. on this machine it looks like:

    <DataSourceDefinition>

    <Extension>MSCRM</Extension>

    <ConnectString>MSCRM Data Connector Connection String</ConnectString>

    <UseOriginalConnectString>False</UseOriginalConnectString>

    ... etc ...

    ... further down ....

    <Prompt>Enter a user name and password to access the data source:</Prompt>

     

     

     

    Does anyone know where/how this data source is defined (I'm assuming during the SRS data connector install). I did an unnattended / scripted in stall. How do I set the connection info in the install xml file?

     

    Any ideas?

     

    Monday, April 14, 2008 10:46 AM

All replies

  • Paul,

     

    After you install the SSRS connector on the SSRS server, have you root the SSRS server?

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim

    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 10:12 AM
    Moderator
  • I'm assuming you mean boot. Yes I've re-booted it a number of times.

     

    I'm just confused as to why the connection string is not set during the CRM connector install

    Tuesday, April 15, 2008 1:32 PM
  • I had the same problem with CRM, when accessing the reports from SSRS, which used to work perfectly before but when I uninstalled the CRM and point the report server to some other server and installed CRM again. after this I installed the dataconnector on report server and tried accessing the report, it worked for only once and when tried accessing report again got the error : 'not able to connect to data source 'CRM', The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

    After looking at the data source I identified that it changed the data source type from 'Microsoft SQL Server' to 'Microsoft CRM Data extension'

    and the connection string changed to 'MSCRM Data Connector Connection String'.

    Finally I got the solution, actually CRM 4.0 creates two data source called 'MSCRM_Datasource', One inside the report folder 4.0 and one outside. When checked I found that the data source type and connection string was changed only for the data source inside the report folder 4.0, data source outside the report folder 4.0 was still having the Data source type = 'Microsoft SQL Server' and Connection string = 'Data Source=<ServerName>;Initial Catalog=<MSCRM>;Integrated Security=SSPI'

    So I just changed the data source type = 'Microsoft SQL Server' and replaced the wrong connection string from 'MSCRM Data Connector Connection String' to 'Data Source=<ServerName>;Initial Catalog=<MSCRM>;Integrated Security=SSPI' for the data source inside the report folder 4.0, gave the correct credentials and tested the connection and finally it worked.

    That's it :-)

     


    Best Regards, Abhishek DBA(MCTS)
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 7:37 PM