911 Automatic Location Identification and OCS

Question

• Hello,

We are setting up our OCS PBX information and working with our telephony provider to help ensure that 911 works.  911 is asking for Automatic Location Information(ALI) information for the people using OCS for voip to populate their databases  Since I can take my machine anywhere and then dail 911 from the softphone, is there a way to dynamicly provide ALI information about where I am dialing from instead of a static entry that my office is in location x?

From what I understand about OCS so far the answer should be no but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks in advance,
    • Edited by Sudain Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:22 PM Clarification
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:18 PM

Answers

• No, OCS does not natively support the ability to do that.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:35 AM
  • Jeff is right. OCS doesnt natively support E911 but there are third party companies out there that do. E911 enable is one of them and you might want to ask a few others if they now support OCS. Its a little more complex than just sending ALI information straight to the PSAP as well.

Cheers
    Chris
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:51 PM

All replies

• No, OCS does not natively support the ability to do that.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:35 AM
  • Jeff is right. OCS doesnt natively support E911 but there are third party companies out there that do. E911 enable is one of them and you might want to ask a few others if they now support OCS. Its a little more complex than just sending ALI information straight to the PSAP as well.

Cheers
    Chris
    http://voipnorm.blogspot.com/
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:51 PM
  • Awesome, thank you again for the responses!
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:43 PM