Find previous conversations does not work RRS feed

• Question

• It seems the Communicator function 'Find previous conversations' does not yield any results, when using Outlook in uncached mode. I've already rebuilt the Exchange index. What could be the problem?

As this might be a problem with Communicator or Exchange, I've posted this problem in both forums, I hope thats OK. The other thread is located here

• Edited by ®win Friday, October 23, 2009 3:17 PM link inserted
    Friday, October 23, 2009 3:15 PM

All replies

• Do you have any errors in your communicator window like "Outlook Integration Error"?
    Mark King | C/D/H | MCTS:OCS | MCSE: Messaging | MCITP:Enterprise Administrator | CCNA
    Friday, October 23, 2009 5:21 PM
  • No there are no errors in Communicator. Clicking 'Find previous conversation' opens Outlook correctly, but the search query entered does not give any results while there should be numerous hits in the Conversation History folder.
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:07 PM
  • Hi
    Have you check the "Save my instant message conversations in the outlook conversation history folder" in the oc?
    You can follow below procedure
    show menue -> tools -> opinion -> personal tab -> Save my instant message conversations in the outlook conversation history folder

Regards!

Friday, October 30, 2009 7:24 AM
  • The conversations are being saved in Outlook, the search query entered by Communicator in Outlook just does not work. This is probably a problem with Exchange search index, as everytime I perform such a search I get a warning in the eventlog of the mailbox server:

An error occurred on database "BusinessSTG101\BusinessMailstore101".

Function name or description of problem: Content Indexing received an unusual and unexpect error code from MSSearch

Error: 0x80070057

Rebuilding the index or moving the mailbox to another server does not bring a solution and I keep getting the same error in the eventlog.

Friday, October 30, 2009 10:21 AM