WPF mediaelement sometimes black screen RRS feed

• Question

• I have WPF application using mediaelement to  play wmv file. It works on my own XP sp3 laptop, but not very well on the customer computer, which is also XP sp3.

Most of the time it is just black screen. But it also showed some wmv files, sometimes. I have windows media player 11 installed. All the media files plays fine in windows media player 11.

The same application also works fine on other customers computer. So I assume there is something wrong with the computer.

But what could be?

The computer is

1 Windows XP SP3

2 Windows Media Player 11 installed

3 .NET Framework 4.0 installed

4 Has been succeeded on playing a video or two sometimes.

5 But Most of the time, it is black screen, where it should play a video full screen.

Please help!

I am waiting here to offer more information if needed.

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by edhickey Monday, June 20, 2011 3:09 PM (From:.NET 4: Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 4:52 PM

Answers

• p.p.s

We have changed a new computer with Windows 7 for one of the not working computers, and the new computer works fine.

• Marked as answer by cherry198422 Monday, June 20, 2011 9:45 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• p.s.

Further more, I can always hear the sound of the videos, but only one video can be seen. All other videos are just black screen, but you can hear all the video sound. Why?

The computer with problem is like this:

Graphic Card: Intel HD Graphics

Driver Version: 6.14.10.5258

Date for driver: 19-04-2010

Windows XP professional 2002 SP3

Sunday, June 19, 2011 5:44 PM
  • p.p.s

We have changed a new computer with Windows 7 for one of the not working computers, and the new computer works fine.

• Marked as answer by cherry198422 Monday, June 20, 2011 9:45 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2011 7:43 PM