none
i want to do the certification in .NET Technology, but am in confuse that from where to start..? RRS feed

• Question

• Actually i took training on .NET Framework 3.5, but now Framework4.0 also introduced... so in which version i should go for the test..

i want to do all certifications in .NET Technology..

but thing is from where to start.... and

Friday, May 13, 2011 4:08 PM

Answers

• I have just started to take the exams for .net 4. I failed on the first one though :)

here is the blog post that I have written. it might help :)

http://www.tugberkugurlu.com/archive/mcts-70-515-failed-but-i-m-gonna-beat-it-next-time-throughout-mcts-exam-overview-and-experience

Visual Studio 2010, C# & ASP.Net MVC
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

OK the certification is important but what you should focus on is to get a good background on the .Net technology and this is the most important in my point of view.

Before starting thinking to take certifications try to parse the technology as possible as you can. Actually training is not enough to master a technology. What I can give as an advise to anybody who wants to make it easy with certifications and .Net programming in general. I fact, he/she should begin by the parsing  .Net Framework Core 2.0, so try to master its 16 modules one by one and then you'll see that nothing could stop you to pass any .Net related certification exam.   

The expertise is the most important in the hole story and good luck

Best reguard

The complexity resides in the simplicity
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

you can do as you want. If you didn't take any exam so far, you could just do the 4.0 exams.

I decided for myself to switch to the 4.0 path but that is a personal decision and we cannot tell you what is best for you without more details.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 13, 2011 8:13 PM
    Answerer
  • I encountered the same decision and I decided to go for the .Net 4.0 path, because the .Net 3.5 certificates are going to lose their values over time and you have to upgrade your certificate to .Net 4.0 very soon (If don't say it is already late). So put your effort on .Net 4.0 Path, howerver the .Net 4.0 does not need 536 exam.
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:04 AM
  • I suppose you could do the 3.5 exams while waiting for more 4.0 books/training content to become available and then upgrade your certification to 4.0.

Your 3.5 certifications will be valid for quite some time.  Besides, 3.5 would provide a good patoform for moving to 4.0.  Have a look at this link for what's new in 4.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dd409230%28VS.100%29.aspx

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you can do as you want. If you didn't take any exam so far, you could just do the 4.0 exams.

I decided for myself to switch to the 4.0 path but that is a personal decision and we cannot tell you what is best for you without more details.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, May 13, 2011 8:13 PM
    Answerer
  • I encountered the same decision and I decided to go for the .Net 4.0 path, because the .Net 3.5 certificates are going to lose their values over time and you have to upgrade your certificate to .Net 4.0 very soon (If don't say it is already late). So put your effort on .Net 4.0 Path, howerver the .Net 4.0 does not need 536 exam.
    Saturday, May 14, 2011 6:04 AM
  • I suppose you could do the 3.5 exams while waiting for more 4.0 books/training content to become available and then upgrade your certification to 4.0.

Your 3.5 certifications will be valid for quite some time.  Besides, 3.5 would provide a good patoform for moving to 4.0.  Have a look at this link for what's new in 4.0 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/dd409230%28VS.100%29.aspx

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:37 AM
  • I have just started to take the exams for .net 4. I failed on the first one though :)

here is the blog post that I have written. it might help :)

http://www.tugberkugurlu.com/archive/mcts-70-515-failed-but-i-m-gonna-beat-it-next-time-throughout-mcts-exam-overview-and-experience

Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

OK the certification is important but what you should focus on is to get a good background on the .Net technology and this is the most important in my point of view.

Before starting thinking to take certifications try to parse the technology as possible as you can. Actually training is not enough to master a technology. What I can give as an advise to anybody who wants to make it easy with certifications and .Net programming in general. I fact, he/she should begin by the parsing  .Net Framework Core 2.0, so try to master its 16 modules one by one and then you'll see that nothing could stop you to pass any .Net related certification exam.   

The expertise is the most important in the hole story and good luck

Best reguard

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:03 PM
  • Hi,

OK the certification is important but what you should focus on is to get a good background on the given technology and this is the most important in my point of view. The expertise is the most important in the hole story and good luck

Best reguard

hi,

I don't know what the 'Real' purpose of Microsoft is by organizing those certification exams but they really encourage me to dig into really deeply into the framework and learn something more.

before I take the exam, I thought that my knowledge on how to handle the data is good. but turns out it is wrong. so now I am giving it a special care. the exams are working for me well.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:07 PM
  • Hi Tugberk,

I agree fully to you. But I understood MASNSG also in this way. The exam is not just "heya - I got the certification". That might  be possible with simply learning some crap without understanding it. We often see people in here asking for Dumps and so.

Really important is, that you understand how everything should work together. That is the big issue. What I saw so far: The certifications might help you to get an interview but to successfull get through the interview they do not help at all. And that is required to get the job at the end. (ok, little different but that is the main topic, isn't it? We want to earn our money. I do not need the certifications because I find no wallpaper in the stores any more :) )

With kind regards,

Konrad

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:29 PM
    Answerer
  • @Konrad

you are right. I mean I think that would be better for me not to get a certificate if I cannot create a decent project with the given technologies. that would make me look like monkey.

In one of my blog posts, I have written something like below;

"I am not a student of a computer related course and I haven’t been but I support that educational background on computer science makes a difference on the quality of programmer. But the diploma or the course certificate is not enough. Little mistakes could be unforgivable in programming world and your diploma or certificate cannot get those mistakes back or cover them."

If you have some certificates and you got through a job interview thanks to those certificates and eventually got that job, you are under a lot of pressure in my opinion. they hire you cause they think you are the right guy for the job. As Scott Hanselman always says (and you also mentioned that), we should firstly understand how the logo pieces fit together and what the right tool is for the job.

To sum it up, certificates are great, we should get them :) they put us in a shape. but they do not help to get us through a project.

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Hi

The main purpose of the certification is to give you way to evaluate yourself and also to let the others evaluate you I mean by the others peoples who are looking for experienced staff to hire them. As a Boss, I would consider someone who holds certification more than someone how doesn't. My argument is that the first one has a minimun of knowlege that lets him be operational from the first day meanwhile for the second this fact is not guaranteed eventhough that this could be not true ; )

Best Reguards

Monday, May 16, 2011 10:04 AM