Google Earth will not launch properly until I deactivate One Care firewall RRS feed

• Question

• Google Earth will not launch properly until I deactivate One Care firewall.  I have installed OneCare on 2 other computers and they all run Google earth great.  I have compared all of the settings and they all seem the same as on the system that won't allow Google Earth.  Any suggestions.  I am running Vista on an HP Pavillion Notebook.
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:52 AM

Answers

• Is it possible that there is leftover security software on the PC that may be conflicting with the OneCare firewall? Since it is working fine on the other PCs, it would seem that the problem is not directly due to OneCare, especially if the OneCare settings appear to be the same on all of the PCs you checked.
    You may want to contact OneCare support to verify that there is no apparent conflict or a settings issue:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:32 PM

All replies

• Is it possible that there is leftover security software on the PC that may be conflicting with the OneCare firewall? Since it is working fine on the other PCs, it would seem that the problem is not directly due to OneCare, especially if the OneCare settings appear to be the same on all of the PCs you checked.
    You may want to contact OneCare support to verify that there is no apparent conflict or a settings issue:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:32 PM
  • I'm having the same issue except I can't even get to the OneCare settings. Everytime I click on it (link) it never opens, never asks for ID/password, doesn't do anything. I have almost the same setup as you do - Vista on an HP tablet.
    Sunday, March 29, 2009 4:45 PM
  • I'm having the same issue except I can't even get to the OneCare settings. Everytime I click on it (link) it never opens, never asks for ID/password, doesn't do anything. I have almost the same setup as you do - Vista on an HP tablet.
    If you are unable to access the OneCare settings, it is likely that your Windows user account is a limited user. Only a user with administrative privilege can access the settings in OneCare.
    -steve

Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:36 PM