can't unistall windows live one care; once I try it disables my CD Rom RRS feed

• Question

•  

can't unistall windows live one care; once I try it disables (error 32) my CD Rom. I already uninstal-reintalled the CD rom drivers and made a recovery on my system to recover my CD rom and this  bought back Live one care  I really need to protect my computer with another progran Live one care  slows up my computer
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 11:28 PM

Answers

• Why did you post to the Spanish language topic folder of the forum instead of the General topic?

If you really want to remove OneCare and use something else, go ahead and uninstall it. Use the cleanup tool, if you want to be sure all remnants are gone - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

The CD ROM problem occurs with the removal of many different programs that include burning capabilities. See this link for a utility to restore the drive to Explorer on your PC:

Restore CD/DVD Drives to Explorer

I'll also note that if you believe that OneCare is slowing down your PC and your PC meets at least the minimum system requirements, the problem is not likely OneCare, but a conflict with other active security software that you have running on the PC.

-steve

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:07 PM