Failed to Create Database RRS feed

• Question

• Failed to Create Database

I am trying to run the local data cache wizard in VS 2008 SP1. The mobile device is a symbol MC 70 and following programs installed: SQLServerCompact 3.5 repl, Microsoft .Net CF 3.5, SQLServerCompact 3.5 Tools EN, and SQLServerCompact 3.5 core.
    It's able to connect to the mobile device; Test Connection Successful. The problem I'm encountering is when click OK, I get the following error: Failed to create database  
    Database creation failed with message: 'The path is not valid. Check the directory for the database. [Path = Mobile Device\MyDatabase#1.sdf]'

Any suggestion why this would be the case when it's able to connect successfully?

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:43 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 11:00 PM

Answers

All replies

•  I suspect that the file name might contain an invalid character. Could you try removing "#" from the file name?
    Monday, February 16, 2009 7:04 PM
  • I get the same error.  Does anyone even bother to test this stuff??  How can one button on the same form be able to successfully connect and another on the exact same form can't even though they are both using the same path (a path positive selected via Open File dialog and not free form text)

PLS at least run these things once before releasing

btw ShizUrim didn't add the # it was added by VisualStudio
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 5:22 PM
  • I got the same problem.  Any update on this. Anyone knows how to solve it?
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 7:17 PM
  • Hi,

This is a VS.net problem and seems not related to sync. I guess that maybe the device simulator needs some special permissions to access or something else like that. Please try the VS forum instead: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsclassdesigner/threads.

Thanks,
    Dong

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 8:45 PM