Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• For various reasons, when the blue screen appeared telling me that the evaluation had expired, I backed up my files and loaded a fresh copy of Vail onto my comouter. After some help from the forum, I got the expiration extended to 3/15/2011 just as "advertised". The system works within my home network without any problems, and my user name and password for the server get me access to it from any network computer with no problems at all. My remote access is not worling and up until I reloaded and then downloaded to extend the expiration, there was no problems at all accessing from work or any other location.

When I'm at home on my primary desktop and type in http://server/home, I get a message that says "403-Forbidden:access denied: you do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you have supplied". When I type in https://server/remote or try to access from work, I get the server home page with a message that says "An unknown page error occurred. Please try again later. If this error continues, contact product support." As I said, I've never changed my credentials and I can access the server from anywhere inside my home network but not from without. I have ports open on the server, everything as it was, but remotely, no connection. When accessing using "remote" or from work, I do get the "do I want to continue anyway" message and when I say "yes" there is the red bar and an indication of a certificate error. Go-Daddy referred me back to Microsoft and I'm asking the forum first if there is an answer. I'd rather not try and find help within Microsoft.

Any thoughts? 

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:01 PM

All replies

• I am having a similar error -- my remote access worked perfectly up until the end of preview blue screen and its fix.

Now I am able to log into my server remotely, but I cannot access anything. The media library says there is an unknown page error and to contact product support if the issue persists. 

If I try to access a computers desktop remotely I get this:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:57:53 UTC

Line: 23
    Char: 153
    Code: 0
    URI: https://kinnunen.homeserver.com/Remote/BuiltIns/RDP/RDP.js

When I roll my mouse over a link I get an error that says javascript:void(0)

and if I try to access shared folders I get  "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again. If the problem continues, contact the person who manages your server"

I tried a different user account with no success. I also tried disabling the remote access, re-enabling and letting go and resetting up my domain name with no success.

any other ideas?

Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:12 PM
  • c'mon microsoft! There must be a solution. I have the same problem and it is really pain in the ass!
    Friday, February 4, 2011 11:57 AM
  • I have the same problem!!!  Help please.

Hutch
    Monday, February 7, 2011 5:14 PM
  • I have the same exact problem.  It worked perfectly up until the SP1 fix.  Under Media Library on the remote access main page it says "
    An Unknown Page error occurred. Please try again later. If this error continues, contact product support." Additionally, when you click on a shared folder, it responds with a pop-up box saying "An unexpected error occurred. Please try again.  If the problem continues, contact the person who manages your server."  This needs to be fixed!
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 8:20 AM
  • I would just switch to the RC of WHS 2011.  That was an fix.  There is a new version out now with support for all features.
    D.W.
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 1:56 PM
  • I have the same problem as of today!  :) Great!  I knew I should have stayed with the 32 bit old Homeserver based on 2k3.  :(  Wahhhhh

Friday, April 1, 2011 6:39 AM
  • All I can say is that I downloaded the release candidate when it became available and my remote accsess has performed without any problems at all.
    Friday, April 1, 2011 1:17 PM
  • I have the same problem as of today!  :) Great!  I knew I should have stayed with the 32 bit old Homeserver based on 2k3.  :(  Wahhhhh

Why not reinstall WHS v1 then?

Nancy Ward
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 2:54 AM