none
WHS install on HP NETSERVER LC3 RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone installed WHS on a HP NETSERVER LC3.  Probably a long shot but had to ask.

System is currently running MS Server 2003, no problems. Prefer simpler system for home.

My WHS install problem occurs just after first screen that shows the system files loading and the bar is increasing. When the bar reaches the end, the next screen is dark with only a blinking cursor  in upper left corner.

Several DVD's (+R) burned and they work fine in another system.  Same DVD reader, swapped from one system to the other.  I saw a posting regard DVD format.  Should I try to burn to (-R)?

LC3

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 5:11 PM

All replies

• You should make sure you go through all of the troubleshooting steps on the download page, including making sure you're using the correct media for your drive. And yes, it's probably worthwhile to try burning a -R disk.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 8:33 PM
  • Been there, done that.  DVD (-R)  had same results.  Will try to put an Ide harddrive in the system and remove the SCSI drives and PCI cards.  Process of eleimination is all I have left. 

Is it possible to get an earlier version of WHS iso.  Maybe it is the install portion that MS changed.?!

Thursday, May 17, 2007 8:41 PM
  •  NETSERVER LC3 wrote:

Been there, done that.  DVD (-R)  had same results.  Will try to put an Ide harddrive in the system and remove the SCSI drives and PCI cards.  Process of eleimination is all I have left. 

Is it possible to get an earlier version of WHS iso.  Maybe it is the install portion that MS changed.?!

If you performed the steps suggested by Ken, what happened after a reboot. Did you choose boot from DVD rom or did you let it try to resume the install on it's own? (The DVD should be left in the drive even if not booted from untill install is complete)

How long did you let the Black screen with the cursor remain before you rebooted and was there disk activity during this time? (Some people have reported having sat there for awhile)

I also ran into a situation where I had to remove A SCSI Drive on a PCI add-in card to complete an install and another PC that would not boot a +R disc but worked fine with a -R The latter I assume was a BIOS issue and not WHS.

Did you ever get to a blue screen with an error such as 0000007a or similar?

Rex Geissinger

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:23 AM