logical automatism while WHS is running out of free space RRS feed

• Question

• If WHS is detecting the trigger of 10GB(?) free space, the network healty will change from green into a different colour.

At this time WHS should immediately stop all further planned backup actions due to the chance that the admin is not able to add new drives or making some free space - let's say the responsible is off duty for a while. This implies to stop the possebility to add files to the shares to.

Without an intelligent logical management there will be more trouble than advantages. What is WHS during a worst case scenario "out of space". Which actions will be deactivated?

We are talking about securing the already accomplish backups and duplicated shares (if configured). Which should have maximum priority to all other activities? My wish: securing, securing and securing.

Monday, April 16, 2007 4:56 PM

Answers

• Thomas, to be honest, your home "tech support" person is never off duty. However, I agree with your general concept. I would suggest you look for similar feedback on Connect. If you don't find any, make a suggestion and post the link back here.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 5:46 PM

All replies

• Thomas, to be honest, your home "tech support" person is never off duty. However, I agree with your general concept. I would suggest you look for similar feedback on Connect. If you don't find any, make a suggestion and post the link back here.
    Monday, April 16, 2007 5:46 PM
  • Hello Ken, I did not find such a suggestion (but to be honest, searching the actuall version of connect is more a pain than helpful - sorry. hopefully a better system will be implementet a.s.a.p) I tried it with different combinations and found someting other interestingWink

For the community to vote this suggestion at Connect

Another cent for the "is never off duty":

What about fever 40 C / 104 F or taking a time out cause kids are bugging, you have to walk  dog... - ok you are right... these excuses are boring... therefore I add fuel to the fire:  The home tech support must be off duty to market your partner why buying WHS and new verified hardware Wink

Monday, April 16, 2007 6:30 PM