none
Changing the E-Mail address in an forum account

Question

• Hi

I have a live.it account on this forum.

It is possible to change the E-Mail address in xxx@hotmail.com? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

Bye

Balubeto

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I think that the outlook.com answeres site is the correct place to ask:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

In general, managing the microsoft account is a real pain because to me it seems to be a set of different options depending on the application that you use. I am always looking for some settings and I remember that I had different options depending from which site I tried to get into my account options.

I don't know about changing the email address but you can add aliases and you can set which you could use to log on:

• Just go to mail.live.com and log on.
    • Then you can click on your picture in the upper right corner and choose "view account".
    • Then you click "Your info" next to "Account"
    • "Manage how you log in to Microsoft"
    • Here you can add an email (new address with a "hotmail" domain or an existing email address that you own already)

In "Change sign-in preferences" you can select which names you could use to log in.

I didn't see a possibility to change the main address. Ina lot of places, the primary address of the screen I showed you is used, but for some options, my old main address is still used (so never give that up if possible.) So when the site wanted to send me a security code, it used an old address which I still own but which is no longer listed in the view!

I hope that I was able to help you a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Click "Quick access" in the upper left of most pages and select "My settings". There you can change the email address used for alerts. Does that help you?

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think that the outlook.com answeres site is the correct place to ask:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com

In general, managing the microsoft account is a real pain because to me it seems to be a set of different options depending on the application that you use. I am always looking for some settings and I remember that I had different options depending from which site I tried to get into my account options.

I don't know about changing the email address but you can add aliases and you can set which you could use to log on:

• Just go to mail.live.com and log on.
    • Then you can click on your picture in the upper right corner and choose "view account".
    • Then you click "Your info" next to "Account"
    • "Manage how you log in to Microsoft"
    • Here you can add an email (new address with a "hotmail" domain or an existing email address that you own already)

In "Change sign-in preferences" you can select which names you could use to log in.

I didn't see a possibility to change the main address. Ina lot of places, the primary address of the screen I showed you is used, but for some options, my old main address is still used (so never give that up if possible.) So when the site wanted to send me a security code, it used an old address which I still own but which is no longer listed in the view!

I hope that I was able to help you a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:46 AM
  • Click "Quick access" in the upper left of most pages and select "My settings". There you can change the email address used for alerts. Does that help you?

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:16 PM
  • Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:48 PM