none
Subdomain parked, but not pointing to IP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using AT&T DSL with a 2Wire DSL Model 2701HG-B.

I have had my HP MediaSmart EX487 and set it up with a homeserver.com subdomain for a couple weeks now.  In the Home Server settings it shows that the Domain Name is working.  I have openned up ports 80, 443, and 4125.  Connecting to it via Remote Desktop and testing the ports with Shields Up, shows ports 80 and 443 are open and 4125 closed.

Outside of the home, I am able to connect via the actual IP address just fine, however the subdomain.homeserver.com still isn't working properly.  It's registered, but it just shows the Windows home server holding page.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron
    Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:56 PM

Answers

• If you will correct the spelling error you've made (it's homeserver.com, not homserver.com), you may be able to reach your server. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 23, 2009 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Aaron,
    what exactly do you mean with "Windows Home Server holding page"?
    Did you already try to unconfigure/reconfigure the domain with the same live ID? Sometimes they could become stuck.

If you ping your homeserver.com domain and verify with the external IP address of your router, are those addresses identical?
    What happens, if you apply a dyndns.org domain to the configuration of your router and use this?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, March 23, 2009 9:35 AM
  • Olaf,

Thanks for the response.

You can it see here.  I assume it's the default holding page that exists when you first create a subdomain.  And yes I have already tried unconfigure/reconfigure with the same subdomain name and the same live ID.

Thanks,

--Aaron
    Monday, March 23, 2009 2:44 PM
  • If you will correct the spelling error you've made (it's homeserver.com, not homserver.com), you may be able to reach your server. :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, March 23, 2009 3:55 PM
  • WOW, don't I feel like an idiot now, bookmarking error.  Thanks and yes, you're right it worked fine when I corrected the spelling.
    Monday, March 23, 2009 4:21 PM