CUPS/CUCM/OCS/CUPC Integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I'm having some trouble with the following topology:

CUCM 6.1 <-SIP TRUNK-> CUPS 6.0.3 <---> OCS2007 Standard

I'm using both Cisco UPC and MOC as the clients.  I can get RCC from MOC no problems, and calls working between the two clients, however the contacts in the MOC client do not have any numbers associated with them, so I cannot dial from MOC.  I can receive a call from the UPC client, then click that received call in MOC and call back.

How can I get the numbers from AD to show up in the MOC client?

Also, I aren't getting any presence information passing between the two clients.

Any help would be great!

Cheers,

Matt

Thursday, August 21, 2008 6:17 AM

All replies

• You may want to take a look at these blogs: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=17

http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=26

You probably have some number normalization issue that is preventing phone numbers from appearing in the OC client.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:05 PM
  • Thank's for that info.

We've now got it about 95% working after an upgrade to CUPS 6.0.4.

There is still one outstanding issue however - one way presence.  At the moment, "In a Call" is showing up fine in MOC clients, however if I set the users status to Busy/Away/DND in MOC, it doesn't show up in CUPC or in the IP Phone directorys (i.e. missed calls/dialed numbers etc).  So seems like presence is only passing from CUCM via CUPS to OCS, and not the reverse.

Anyone else using CUCM 6.1 / CUPS 6.0.4 / OCS2007 with MOC clients and RCC of Cisco IP Phones and able to see presence information on the Cisco equipment?

On another exciting note, I've actually got CUCM 7.0(1) on the inactive partition of the CUCM server, so I might switch to that sometime to see how it fares with the integration Smile
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:26 AM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, the presence between MOC and the CUPC clients is only one-way. MOC will not send presence info back to CUPS, it only receives it. This is due to some different interpretations of  the CSTA by Microsoft and Cisco.

As for why this is the case: I don't care to step into the fray over who isn't supporting what element of CSTA properly, but my understanding is that two-way presence should be coming with later releases of CUPS and CCM.

But for now, you won't be able to get the presence going the other way, it's a known issue with the integration.

Regards,

Matt

Monday, September 22, 2008 8:09 PM
  • hello,

i've got Cisco ToiP --> CUCM 6.1.2, with CUPS 6.0.3 and MOCS.

and i don't see very well, like doing integration between CUCM ,CUPS and OCS2007. (with a mediation server)

where is comon database user ? to have presence state CUCM via CUPS to OCS ?

regards

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:50 AM