windows live one care activate is no good! RRS feed

• Question

•  

when is some one going to fix this. i have had to uninstall and reinstall and to no avail! please no more links1 to no more windows live pages! some one just fix this so we can get our money's worth! i paid $140 dollars just to get mad and not being able to activate my account! who had the bright idea to come up with that!!? fix this now! please send me a way to put my product key,so my windows live one care can go back to green! blownuall@hotmail.com
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:41 PM

Answers

•  terco wrote:

same b.s.! what are you guys up to? link after link after link!! whoi is behind all this?! i want my money back ! i am going to find a way to sue you......ain't no other way around it. i  don't know what kind of sick game you guys are playing here,so don't tell me it's me and that i am dumb because i have to accounts now and your stuff didn't work like it never does! you guys are thief! i regret buying your stuff! now i am going to go out and pay for something new .....hoping it will work unlike yours!

You have been ranting for days and you have still not explained what is happening in terms that are understandable.

What I do know is that you have 2 LiveIDs and you are unable to activate or subscribe to OneCare. I am not clear if you are performing a reinstall or if you are attempting to subscribe for the first time.

You have started several threads here and I've had to merge them together. Please reply in this message thread instead of starting a new topic.

Please explain what the *exact* situation you are encountering is.

I *am* trying to help, but I do not understand what you are encountering.

I have told you before, that you can reach support via email by selecting the option in the support flow that you are a trial user so it does not try to validate your subscription - which you may or may not have at this point.

1. Open OneCare

2. Click on Help

3. Click on show more topics in the window that opens

4. Click on get more help in the lower right corner of the browser window that opens

5. Click on contact support

6. Select technical support

7. Indicate that you are a trial user

8. Fill out the email form with as much detail as possible.

9. Click submit

I understand your frustration. I understand that contacting support is a pain in the neck and I wish it were easier.

Are you in North America, if so, you can request a refund for your retail purchase - 

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.asp

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 12:58 PM

All replies

•  

keeps telling me that my id expired when i use it all the time?! god! i wish some one will do us all a big favor and fix this right away!
    Wednesday, December 26, 2007 8:51 PM
  • Can you please explain the problem?

Can you log in at http://billing.microsoft.com with your LiveID and see you OneCare account? If so, that is the ID to use to activate OneCare and join it to your existing subscription. If you don't see a OneCare subscription at the Billing page for that LiveID, you are not signing in with the right LiveID.

-steve

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:15 AM
  • What is telling you that your ID expired? LiveIDs don't expire.

-steve

Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:16 AM
  • i know they windows ids shouldn't expired i am goiung to go back and check that out.

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:36 PM
  • i just went to the link and like everyday it keeps telling me that i have no existing account with it! can some one just send me the page where i can actiovate my account fro crying out loud!!! what kind of game is this!!!? enough of that. i want my money back! i try to sign up again and can't even do that. because then it ells me isome one is using that id already of course it's me!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:41 PM
  • which is the right  id?! can you just tell me when am i going to have a right id here?! i have sign up and sign in with mine all the time and i don't have another one! want you guys just send the page to enter my key ,so my product can work! who had the bright idea to come up with that swtuff!!? i am not the only one complaining ,so i know is your mistake!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 5:45 PM
  • I still do not understand what you are encountering.

Are you trying to activate a new subscription for OneCare with a product key from a retail box?

Is this a new install of OneCare?

What *exactly* happens when you being the subscribe/activate process from within OneCare?

Are you copying and pasting your password for your LiveID? Is your LiveID a valid LiveID? (Http://account.live.com)

What *exactly* is the "expired" message in reference to? Is your OneCare trial expired? Is it a response to entering your LiveID?

-steve

Thursday, December 27, 2007 6:09 PM
  • Reading some of your posts again, it sounds like you may have forgotten your LiveID password. If you cannot sign in at http://account.live.com with your LiveID and password, try the forgot password link.

If this is a new subscription you are trying to activate for OneCare, create a *new* LiveID and use that to create an account, provide profile information, and activate OneCare with your retail product key.

-steve

Thursday, December 27, 2007 6:15 PM
  •  

same b.s.! what are you guys up to? link after link after link!! whoi is behind all this?! i want my money back ! i am going to find a way to sue you......ain't no other way around it. i  don't know what kind of sick game you guys are playing here,so don't tell me it's me and that i am dumb because i have to accounts now and your stuff didn't work like it never does! you guys are thief! i regret buying your stuff! now i am going to go out and pay for something new .....hoping it will work unlike yours!
    Thursday, December 27, 2007 9:12 PM
  • i did get a retail-store-bought product. i follow every step all the way ....it keeps sending me to the window live page link after link after link. it says i have no billing account,no windows live id i have two now!!!! why can't you just do us both a favor and SEND ME THE PAGE WHERE I CAN TYPE MY KEY ONCE AND FOR ALL!! NO MORE STEPS AND LINKS. YOU GO FIGURE THIS OUT. I CAN'T ANYMORE I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS! JESUS!!!!

Thursday, December 27, 2007 10:42 PM
  • I'm having this exact issue trying to activate my key! I'm tired of install the windows live things. And it doesn't get me to my activation page... PLEASE HELP I'm starting to think that I'm going to lose the money I paid for this. What do I do???

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:04 AM
  • I purchased a copy of 1care in the US. I am trying to activate my account to no avail (I am currently abroad). I tried accessing billing info and there is nothing for that.

The worst part is there is no straigthforward way to associate a billing account with my live id abroad.

How can something so simple be made so complicated by your team? For gods sake, I purchased a retail box and it should work seamlessly.

Even Norton, the most bloated and annoying piece of software got this right!!

Friday, December 28, 2007 11:31 AM
  •  terco wrote:

You have been ranting for days and you have still not explained what is happening in terms that are understandable.

What I do know is that you have 2 LiveIDs and you are unable to activate or subscribe to OneCare. I am not clear if you are performing a reinstall or if you are attempting to subscribe for the first time.

You have started several threads here and I've had to merge them together. Please reply in this message thread instead of starting a new topic.

Please explain what the *exact* situation you are encountering is.

I *am* trying to help, but I do not understand what you are encountering.

I have told you before, that you can reach support via email by selecting the option in the support flow that you are a trial user so it does not try to validate your subscription - which you may or may not have at this point.

1. Open OneCare

2. Click on Help

3. Click on show more topics in the window that opens

4. Click on get more help in the lower right corner of the browser window that opens

5. Click on contact support

6. Select technical support

7. Indicate that you are a trial user

8. Fill out the email form with as much detail as possible.

9. Click submit

I understand your frustration. I understand that contacting support is a pain in the neck and I wish it were easier.

Are you in North America, if so, you can request a refund for your retail purchase - 

http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/productrefund/refund.asp

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 12:58 PM
  •  Veronice wrote:

I'm having this exact issue trying to activate my key! I'm tired of install the windows live things. And it doesn't get me to my activation page... PLEASE HELP I'm starting to think that I'm going to lose the money I paid for this. What do I do???

Please explain what is happening when you try to activate. Are you being redirected to http://get.live.com when you click subscribe in OneCare and sign in? If so, see this post regarding Activation redirecting you to a page where you cannot activate, but are presented with a view of available Windows Live Products instead -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:01 PM
  •  PH101 wrote:

I purchased a copy of 1care in the US. I am trying to activate my account to no avail (I am currently abroad). I tried accessing billing info and there is nothing for that.

The worst part is there is no straigthforward way to associate a billing account with my live id abroad.

How can something so simple be made so complicated by your team? For gods sake, I purchased a retail box and it should work seamlessly.

Even Norton, the most bloated and annoying piece of software got this right!!

Where are you currently located "abroad?"

Windows Live OneCare is not available worldwide, and Microsoft implemented a process that checks your location based on your IP address *and* checks the language in Internet Explorer to make sure that you are allowed to activate OneCare and subscribe. If you are currently located in a country where OneCare is not sold, you will not be able to subscribe, despite having a retail key in your possession. If you are located in a country where OneCare *is* available, your IE language must match the language for that physical location during activation. Failing either test will cause you to be directed to http://get.live.com

There is no need to associate your Billing account with a LiveID for your location, unless you are trying to purchase online, in which case, assuming OneCare is available where you are located, the credit card address probably needs to match your LiveID profile information. Since you have a retail key, that is not an issue.

See this post regarding Activation redirecting you to a page where you cannot activate, but are presented with a view of available Windows Live Products instead -

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1202298&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 1:07 PM
  • Exacty Stephen! I'm getting redirected to get.live.com and not to a page where I can activate my subscription. Also, I am outside USA and now worries me that I can't activate it BECAUSE I'm not in USA. Please, can you give me a solution so I can activate onecare? I really like this antivirus, that's why I purchased it. Thank you for your help. At this time I have uninstalled onecare and are expecting for instructions.

Veronice

Friday, December 28, 2007 3:28 PM
  •  Veronice wrote:

Exacty Stephen! I'm getting redirected to get.live.com and not to a page where I can activate my subscription. Also, I am outside USA and now worries me that I can't activate it BECAUSE I'm not in USA. Please, can you give me a solution so I can activate onecare? I really like this antivirus, that's why I purchased it. Thank you for your help. At this time I have uninstalled onecare and are expecting for instructions.

Veronice

Where are you located,Veronice?

If OneCare is not available for sale in your country, you can't activate it yourself. If it is available, it should be a simple matter of setting he correct language for your country in Internet Explorer - Tools/Internet Options/Languages

In which countries and languages is Windows Live OneCare available?

The Windows Live OneCare subscription service is available in the following countries and languages: Australia (English), Austria (German), Belgium (Dutch, French), Canada (English, French), France (French), Germany (German), Ireland (English), Italy (Italian), Japan (Japanese), Mexico (Spanish), Netherlands (Dutch), New Zealand (English), Singapore (English), Spain (Spanish), Switzerland (French, German), United Kingdom (English), United States (English, Spanish).

Pasted from <http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/faq.htm>

Now, as long as your language is supported - that is the operating system language, you can use the unsupported, not sanctioned by Microsoft workaround to activate your subscription. At the end of 12 months, if OneCare is still not available in our country, then you will need to repeat the process below or a variation of it to renew with a product key.

Create a new LiveID with a US (or other country on the above list) address. Contact a trusted friend in the country you used to create your LiveID and provide that person with the LiveID, Password, and a OneCare product key - or they will need to buy OneCare for you and use the product key from the retail box. Have them log in with the LiveID at http://onecare.live.com/activate and use the option to activate with a token using the product key from inside the retail box. They will not be installing OneCare and cannot use the key again.

Once that has been completed, change the password on the LiveID. (You can only trust people so far...) Then open OneCare on your PC and activate it with the LiveID used to create the subscription. Note that you can use a friend in any country where OneCare is available for sale per the above list. Reinstalls and installs to the 2nd and 3rd PC do not perform the check for IP and language (at this time, at least), so you won't need to repeat the process again.

I will remind you that the above is not an approved workaround and the process may cease working at any time.

-steve

Friday, December 28, 2007 4:00 PM
  • Im having a similar issue. I subscribed to one care, its enabled but when i open my one care it tells me i have 65 days till my onecare expires. It tells me i have to subscribe but when i do this it just gives me an error page  ...... anyone have any suggestions? This program is driving me mad!!!!!

Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:09 AM
  •  AccsysPoint wrote:

Im having a similar issue. I subscribed to one care, its enabled but when i open my one care it tells me i have 65 days till my onecare expires. It tells me i have to subscribe but when i do this it just gives me an error page  ...... anyone have any suggestions? This program is driving me mad!!!!!

This is the error i keep getting:

No available plans

We're sorry; there are no plans available. This can happen for one of the following reasons:

• You currently have this plan or a similar plan.
    • You have previously purchased this plan.
    • You have this service, but it is not available.
    • This plan is not available in your Country or Region.

The following plan(s) are currently, or were previously, associated with your e-mail address, xxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
    • Windows Live OneCare ( purchased 4/12/2007,  Subscription status: enabled )

For technical support, please contact Windows Live support at http://support.live.com.

If you get this message more than once, report it as a recurring problem.
    Message 3010
    Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:40 AM
  •  AccsysPoint wrote:

Im having a similar issue. I subscribed to one care, its enabled but when i open my one care it tells me i have 65 days till my onecare expires. It tells me i have to subscribe but when i do this it just gives me an error page  ...... anyone have any suggestions? This program is driving me mad!!!!!

Based on what you showed me in your second post, you have an active subscription. If OneCare on the PC says that it is going to expire in 65 days, check your PC date and time to make sure that it is correct.

If you open OneCare and click on Help/About, does it show that you are subscribed and present you with the Subscription LiveID?

-steve

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:52 AM
  •  

I cant see anything that tells me im subscribed. It shows my subscription LiveID and product ID....is there anything else I should be seeing?
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 8:56 AM
  • If it shows your subscription LiveID in Help/About in OneCare, that means you are subscribed. Is that LiveID the same one you see at the Billing site that shows the expiration of April?

I think it may be worth contact support at this point if your PC date and time are correct and you continue to see a mismatch between the status in OneCare and at the Billing site.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:59 PM
  • I tried to submit a case with support but i keep getting an error:

Contact Technical Support

Error!

We apologize for the inconvenience. There was an error in the submission. Please try again later.

Is there anything thats works??

Thursday, January 3, 2008 1:33 PM
  •  AccsysPoint wrote:

I tried to submit a case with support but i keep getting an error:

Contact Technical Support

Error!

We apologize for the inconvenience. There was an error in the submission. Please try again later.

Is there anything thats works??

Hopefully, email will work.

Send me a message at sboots@mvps.org - in the subject, include "OneCare" and in the message body, copy and past the URL for this thread from the browser address bar.

-steve

Thursday, January 3, 2008 5:30 PM
  • I 100% agree with you on this subject. I have had onecare in the red urgent mode since the first week I downloaded it. I have tried to update but it does nothing except say it is looking for updates but it is not. I have tried like you uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting, trying every fix that is said to do, running my other xp microsoft software to try to fix it and nothing at all has helped. I too purchased this crappy live one care hoping that it was better than my other antivirus ware but it is not. In fact it is 100% crappier. I also want my money back to be able to purchase something that actually works with microsoft. Apparently microsoft cant make something that works with its own software. funny huh. I also want something to be sent to me to fix my product key asap. please send to melwrona@netzero.com 

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:08 PM
  • i am completely with you buddy. i am having the same dang problems after i paid over $100 for a year subscription too. i am signed in, but they do not recognize my windows live ID. this is b.s.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:22 PM